Language Academy Bilingual Teacher
RSJ Swenson Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Language Academy Bilingual Teacher
N.E.W. Academy Canoga Park is a TK-5 independent charter school, which emphasizes art and science. One of the school’s four core values, Doing Extra Makes a Difference, is seen throughout the year through efforts of the teachers and the parents to create a more meaningful experience for all Dolphins. Teachers go out of their way to assist students and have created optional clubs to add an extra layer of fun to NACP. Clubs include Run Club, Yoga Club, Violin Club, Chess Club, the Dancing Dolphins Club, Drama Club, Fourth and Fifth Grade Reading Club, and Photography Club.
Under the supervision of the School Principal; the 2nd Grade Bilingual Teacher provides instruction and services for those pupils in the Dual Immersion classroom. Instructional delivery in Spanish will be 70% of the day and English instruction for 30%. Percentage in Spanish gets reduced 10% as the students go up in grade level. Candidates should have a strong background in planning standards based lessons in all content areas including Spanish Language Arts, and deliver lessons with effective classroom management skills. Teachers will assist with the planning and development of the dual immersion program to include curriculum development and community outreach. The ideal candidate will be fluent and bi-literate in Spanish and English, have experience working in a Dual Immersion setting, as well as a high population of English language learners, and will have extensive expertise in providing differentiated instruction for high achieving and at-risk students, including targeted intervention based on ongoing data analysis. We are seeking teachers with a constructivist teaching methodology. Individuals whose pedagogy is focused on arts’ integration, student driven instruction, and project-based learning, are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Provides direct instruction in the academic areas on a one-to-one, small group, or whole group.
• Provides a positive learning environment that stimulates student learning and maintenance of skills.
• Supports the policies and programs of the LAUSD/NEW Academy district and perform assigned duties consistent with school, District and Special Education policies, regulations and procedures.
• Evaluates and reviews pupils’ academic and social progress.
• Applies effective classroom management techniques.
• Utilizes evaluation data for the modification of instruction and curriculum.
• Maintains professional competency by actively participating in training activities and other similar opportunities provided to staff.
• Attends regular and special staff meetings and actively participates as a member of the educational team.
• Carry out mission, vision, and values established by NEW Academy Canoga Park and board of directors.
• Participate in the overall agency accreditation/continuous quality improvement processes.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Possess valid Multiple Subject Teaching credential
• Must possess knowledge of Spanish language literacy instruction and content area standards
• BCLAD Certification in Spanish
- Fingerprinting from the Department of Justice via live scan required
- Proof and clearance of TB test (current within one year) required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
Salary Rate: Contracted position; starting rate $49,000 (salary depends on education and experience); In addition a $5,000 stipend at the end of the school year.
Status: Exempt/Full-time; 10 month
Location: 21425 Cohasset Street, Canoga Park, CA 91303
Benefits: NEW Academy offers an excellent benefit package, which includes full health,
dental and life insurance, sick days, and a retirement plan.
N.E.W. Academy Canoga Park is an equal opportunity employer
Powered by JazzHR