Join US and work the Best Job in EMS. We are a family-based Company who cares about you.
What We Offer:
• Best Pay in EMS – Shift rotations include scheduled overtime with unlimited opportunities.
• Medical Benefits – Sponsored at a 75% Employer Contribution.
• Life Insurance – Sponsored at a 100% Employer Contribution.
• AFLAC Benefits Program – When the unexpected happens, you have a backstop to help with the rebound.
• Vacation Time Pay – We know everyone needs some fun time.
• Holiday Pay – Holidays are about family, but EMS is 24/7, so we do our part to show our appreciation.
• Sick Leave Pay – When you’re under the weather, know you’re covered.
• Employee Birthday Pay – Birthdays are all about you! We recognize you on your Birthday with 8-hours of pay whether you work that day or not!
• Jury Duty Pay – When your civic duty is called upon, we got you covered.
• Work Less, Make More – Our PTO, shift rotations and pay offerings means you can truly work less and make more with us with up to 144 hours of PTO.
• CPR Certification Renewals – Provided by the Company at No-Cost to Our Employees.
• DMV H6 Driving History Report and Medical Examination Certificate – 100% paid by the Company.
• Continuing Education Credits (“CEs”) – Provided by the Company at No-Cost to Our Employees.
• Training Opportunities – We offer training for each position that is 100% paid by the Company.
• Professional EMS Uniforms – 100% paid by the Company.
• Modern EMS Fleet and Top-Notch Medical Equipment – We give you the tools you need to excel at what you do!
• Career Advancement Opportunities – We are known to promote from within. If you wish to pursue a supervisor or management position, career advancement is attainable with us!
• Holiday Gifts – We love an opportunity to provide our employees with recognition and demonstrate our appreciation.
• Many More Benefits Offered – Join us and enjoy recognition for being a part of a winning team.
Be part of an exciting team at the front edge of Emergency Medicine! Medic-1 Ambulance provides Advanced Life Support (ALS) services throughout San Gabriel Valley using the latest equipment and skills. All of our Paramedic ambulances are ALS-certified by the Los Angeles County EMS Agency and are staffed with highly trained teams. We’re growing and we’re hiring.
Medic-1 Ambulance is looking for hard-working, committed, and exceptional paramedics for our ALS Specialty Teams who will provide a variety of vital services:
• Emergent Calls from Urgent Care Centers
• Code Stroke Calls
• STEMI Runs
• Special Events
• Movie Set Standbys
• 9-1-1 Backup Provider for local EOA providers
Currently, we have limited opportunities for 24 hr shifts with built scheduled overtime opportunities, available on a first-come, first-serve basis. We pay 24 out of 24 including for your sleep, rest time, meal periods and hours on call where you are free to perform personal leisurely activities.
Medic-1 Ambulance is hiring for part-time and full-time employment for the San Gabriel Valley area to work at our Irwindale office.
We believe that our employees are Heroes in the Making, the Leaders of Tomorrow!!!
Minimum Qualifications Include:
• At least 21 years of age
• High School diploma or equivalent (supplemented by college level coursework)
• California EMT-Paramedic License
• Los Angeles County Paramedic Accreditation (or ability to obtain)
• Ability to Obtain a Los Angeles City DOT Ambulance Driver/Attendant Permit (Must possess prior to field assignment)
• Current and valid Ambulance Driver’s Endorsement Certificate
• Current and valid DMV Medical Examiners Certificate
• Current and valid CPR for Healthcare Providers
• ACLS and PALS certification (which can be completed after hire)
How to Apply:
• Call Human Resources, ask for Sabrina at (626) 385-0440, ext. 106
• Walk in applications welcomed at 12806 Schabarum Ave. Suite A Irwindale, CA 91706
• Apply Online at medic1ambulance.com
Equal Opportunity Information:
Medic-1 Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to policy compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws regarding non-discrimination and employment consistent with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and HIPAA. Applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.