AWS Systems Administrator - Infrastructure
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
RSDC, LLC (RSDC) is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) with a presence in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area headquartered in Arlington, Virginia with offices nationwide. We deliver results for our customers through accurate requirements capture and our Strategy to Operations solutions approach which results in positive impact and enduring change that drive value in our client's organizations. Alignment. It is more than a word to us - it is at the heart of what we do.
RSDC is looking for an AWS Systems Administrator to support an IT project for the federal government. The AWS Systems Administrator supports the Infrastructure Team: responsible for availability and maintenance of the program's AWS infrastructure and connected components.Responsibilities may include:
This position performs the following responsibilities/functions:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliability of cloud-hosted RHEL 7 computer systems, including improvements to AWS infrastructure through analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Performs software lifecycle management on a continuous basis while maintaining SDLC status of additional components.
- Identify and Analyze cost-effective solutions, develop automated deployments and administrative operations within the project environment using FedRAMP approved services and configurations.
- Identify and configure AWS services which may include, EC2, S3, machine Learning (Polly & Transcribe), IAM, Trusted Advisor, Developer Tools, Cloudwatch, and Systems Manager in addition to others.
- Maintain an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) attached to DoN Cloud Services Provider in addition to connectivity with additional commercial cloud providers.
- Troubleshoot and configure AWS Instances in an efficient and timely manner to support 24/7 IT Service Management solutions to USN forces ashore and afloat.
- Create scripts to automate repetitious daily and periodic tasks.
- Document work for leadership, update/create Standard Operating Procedures, and brief management and customers related to daily tasks
- US Citizenship required
- Secret Clearance required
- BS degree in related field (additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- 5+ years of experience in network/systems administration:
- Administering, optimizing, and configuring Linux and Windows servers
- AWS - Creating and configuring new servers in a virtual environment
- Experience managing networks
- Improving system operations and functionality, monitoring and optimization of the servers
- Requires ability to work in a collaborative environment to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Bachelor's degree (additional experience may be substituted for the degree)
- Security+ or equivalent 8570
- Secret clearance
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- AWS Well Architected Framework
- Linux + Certification
- Health Care Plans, various options (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Retirement Plans / 401K Matching
- Tuition Assistance
- Employer Paid Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
Get fresh AWS Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!