Director, Project Management
- Posted: over a month ago
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director, Project Management will oversee and lead the coordination, scheduling, and mobilization of all resources, both internal and external, involved in the specification, procurement, construction, installation and startup of new manufacturing facilities and existing facility/equipment retrofit or upgrade projects. As a member of the senior RS management team, foster and support a culture that values respect, resilience, quality, teamwork, and the well-being of all staff through best practices in health and safety.
- Incorporate world-class safety standards and practices into all facilities and equipment projects.
- Ensure that facilities and equipment projects are comprehensively scoped, legally contracted, and fully scheduled.
- Develop and provide detailed cost estimates and budgets for new facility/equipment and retrofit projects.
- Manage, control and track project timing and critical path progress using project management software.
- Provide RS senior management with up-to-date status on project budgets, costs, and schedules.
- Contribute to supplier/vendor selection and manage supplier/vendor activity and performance to ensure compliance with project objectives.
- Assist architects and engineers during the design process, with critical review of drawings and scope of work.
- Provide coordination and oversight of contractors. Perform site visits to monitor progress and quality of work performed by contractors, vendors, and consultants.
- Oversee project administration including managing project meeting minutes, maintaining organized project documents and files, chairing kick-off construction coordination meetings, shop drawing review, submittal, and the change order review process.
- Review and approve contractor schedules of values, payment applications and supplier/vendor invoices.
- Coordinate project close-out which includes the assembling and review of as-built drawings and specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, warranties, and other close-out documentation to assure completion of work per the project requirements.
- Manage and coordinate cross functional teams across the RS organization.
- Collaborate with manufacturing staff on equipment selection, process improvement and cost reduction ideas.
- Support operations/facilities teams concerning equipment layout and process flow.
- Effectively and creatively problem solve, propose conceptual solutions, characterize and quantify potential risks and solutions.
TRAINING / QUALIFICATIONS:
- University Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or relevant Engineering
- Must possess a minimum of ten years of engineering experience
- Experience and expertise in project management, risk management, building construction, automated equipment construction, procurement contracts and safety practices
- Expert-level skill with project management software
- Registered Professional Engineer with PMP certification
- Possess a proactive work style with the proven ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines while maintaining a commitment to accuracy and quality and on budget performance
The following items are considered an asset:
- Relevant licenses or certifications: LEED, S.M.S.T.S, IOSH, CFM, CPMM, CHFM, CCM
- Proficient with CAD, preferably SolidWorks or AutoCAD
- Knowledge and/or experience in:
- Quality and process control
- Machine design and engineering
- Value engineering
- Service, installation and maintenance of facility infrastructure and equipment
- Plant and construction environments with chemicals, heavy equipment, and automation, as well as office settings.
- Travel as required to existing RS facilities and potential new sites, as well as third party facilities and locations.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
RS Utility Structures Inc
AddressSaint George, UT
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?