Outside Sales Representative (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Imagine a company that recognizes excellence in not only the products it sells, but also in its employees. R.S. Hughes Company, Inc. is that company. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of quality and professionalism — and we treat our employees like the valuable assets they are.
Founded in 1954, R.S. Hughes Co., Inc. is a dynamic, North American distributor of industrial supplies. With 49 warehouse sites in the United States and Mexico, we maintain an extensive inventory of adhesives, abrasives, electrical, static control, tapes, labeling and safety products. We are proud to represent products from leading manufacturing companies including 3M, Henkel Loctite, Momentive, Brady, Kimberly Clark, Ansell Edmont, and many others. We specialize in sales and service solutions to manufacturing companies in both OEM and MRO applications.
In addition to competitive salaries and benefits, we offer an environment that asks you to make a difference. We value hard work and common sense, and we consistently reward those that exemplify these traits. If you're looking for a great team to grow with and if you are willing to embrace the challenges of being expected to be the best, we welcome you to come join the R.S. Hughes Company, Inc. team!
The Outside Sales Representative executes proven R.S. Hughes sales strategy at a territory level. The successful candidate will expand sales revenue and drive new market share. The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for ongoing opportunity analysis, demonstrations, and value proposition presentations, as well as working closely with the assigned territory teams. The role will manage the entire sales process and client management after a sale. Teamwork and collaboration are key for the Outside Sales Representative to work closely with sales support in multiple departments. This role is expected to adhere to all company policies and safety protocols.
As an Outside Sales Representative, you are
- Consultative – You’d rather build relationships and recommend the best solution based on needs and challenges.
- Motivated by a big payoff – We’re talking long-term residual income.
- Business savvy – Maybe you’ve had your own business or have the spirit of an entrepreneur. Either way you know the heart of a business owner
- Good with people – You’re able to take on an advisory role with the C-suite in a professional manner.
- Connected – You’re growing a network of business executives who can help expand your sales pipeline.
- Are you a driven individual that thrives in an entrepreneurial environment? – Here at RS Hughes, our Sales Team are hunters who have the ability to own and run their own book of business.
- Would you like to use your skills and abilities to control and plan for your future? – Our Sales Team has the ability to write their paycheck with an uncapped, commission structure.
- Are you looking to bring your sales skills to a new arena/industry? – Come and join us for four-week training program teaching you all of the ins and outs to be successful here.
- Is it important for you to receive recognition for your hard work? – We recognize our sales team!
Key Competencies Required to be Successful as an Outside Sales Representative
- Identify new potential opportunities through qualifying while prospecting: research, cold calls, referrals
- Focus on discovering new opportunities
- Use sales activities and database management to reach and track results
- Utilize a database and the internet to research prospects and qualify leads to increase contact to appointment ratio benchmarks.
- Utilize resources and apply learning to teach and tailor product solutions to client environment
- Assist in assessing a client’s business, analyzing data and costs to provide an accurate assessment of their environment to make educated decisions to support solutions and future growth
- Proactively develop new client contacts, review leads, and may participate in clients' inventory planning sessions
- Support sales opportunities by providing information on product capabilities and technical specifications, applications, pricing, positioning, business case analysis and related tactical assistance
- Maintain records of all account activity within sales database.
- Identify contacts in accounts and conduct strategic calls.
- Build credibility through sold deals and continual communication. Publishes "wins" and case studies as appropriate.
- Actively collect and report on client satisfaction - respond appropriately.
- Other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (Preferred)
- 3 to 5 years of sales experience (preferred)
- Industry background and knowledge (preferred)
Skills That Will Make You Successful
- Passion for sales, outgoing, and comfortable working independently and with an inside sales team.
- A proven track record of sales success with a background in Industrial supplies or similar
- Ability to separate themselves in frustrating situations and guide customers to efficient solutions.
- Excel in customer service; have a friendly and positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast-paced, expanding sales environment
- Computer experience and math skills
Our merit-based salary/bonus program offers exceptional growth opportunities. We provide a comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, wellness benefit, short term disability plan, paid vacation, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Applicants for all job openings will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age (40 and over), sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
RS Hughes Company Inc
BusinessView all jobs at RS Hughes Company Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?