Director of Accounting
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director of Accounting
Phoenix, AZ – RRA Capital is doing something truly unique in the commercial real estate private equity and credit spaces. Led by CRE industry veterans who have a combined 115+ years of experience, we are rethinking traditional approaches to real estate private credit and how to achieve truly remarkable returns to investors. Our mission at RRA is to “build something awesome” with a client centric philosophy of service and an amazing team of innovative and driven professionals.
Currently our team is seeking a Director of Accounting to help drive our accounting processes as we quickly grow to be the best private lender in America. If you do not have a background in real estate, private equity, or private credit, that’s okay. That can be taught. What cannot be taught is treating others like family; with respect, kindness, and good humor. Staying true to our Core Values, we have created a great culture that feels more like family, and our people remain here for that reason.
If you are still reading, let’s see if your talents are a match with this key role. The Director of Accounting will be responsible for execution and management of all corporate accounting operations. In this role you will need a strong understanding of financial and accounting principles, including general ledger accounting, close processes, consolidation, financial reporting, and reconciliations. If you have a detail-oriented mindset, thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for rolling up your sleeves to do what it takes to get important tasks done, then this is a great opportunity for you!
RRA Core Values – Each one of these values is a requirement to be successful at RRA.
Enjoyable to be around – RRA values employees who are team players, are fun to be around, and have a great sense of humor. At RRA, there is no room for cynicism, egos, or defensiveness. Everyone must look and speak professionally so that they bring credibility to both themselves and the company.
Passionate about continuous improvement – RRA values employees that are focused on self-improvement, process improvement, and team improvement. All members are expected to welcome critical feedback and professional development because they believe it will allow them to become better. Successful members at RRA are intellectually curious and committed to seeking out opportunities to self-educate on the industry and their jobs.
Smart – RRA values highly intelligent workers that can master the practical applications of their knowledge. There is no room at RRA for individuals that are ‘academics.’ RRA requires its employees to be highly creative in finding better ways to do things and solve problems. The RRA team is composed of those who work smarter, not necessarily harder, to maximize efficiency and productivity.
Reliable – RRA values employees that leave no doubt that when they say they will accomplish something by a certain time/standard, they will. All members are expected to take pride in the quality of their work; the product of their efforts should always reflect the highest professional standard. RRA strives to surround itself with self-starters who have a disdain for micro-management. Successful individuals at RRA have integrity beyond reproach, always exemplify honorable character, and are individuals that others can trust with their money.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in accounting.
- Prepare annual budget and forecasts.
- Improve and implement financial controls, ensuring accurate control and accounting of assets and accounts.
- Correspond with external tax preparers.
- Prepare payroll and respond to notices from federal, state, and local agencies regarding income and payroll matters.
- Perform general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Maintain general ledger and prepare monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Reconcile bank accounts, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Manage accounts receivable collections.
- Verify and/or complete payment of invoices associated with accounts payable.
- Maintain accounting software systems; recommend updates to enhance the accounting software.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- At least five (5) years of general accounting experience
- Thorough understanding of cost accounting principles and procedures
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial data analysis
- Proficient with, or ability to quickly learn, current accounting software, QuickBooks experience preferred
- The ability to spot inefficiency and the desire to fix it
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Desire to work and live in Phoenix, AZ
- Competitive base salary and bonus structure commensurate with experience
- Be a part of building something AWESOME.
- Direct daily access to the firm founders
- Unlimited vacation days
- Medical insurance
- Flexible work life
- Company 401K plan
- Awesome people to work with every day!
If you are interested and feel you’d be the right person, please apply!
Contact: Lisa Donovan
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at RRA Capital