Under the general supervision of the Department Supervisor, inventories replenish and organizes supplies in assigned storeroom locations. Utilizing judgment and knowledge identifies opportunities to adjust unit par levels to reflect usage changes. Submits storeroom orders by identifying patient care supplies with insufficient inventory levels. Validates Par form integrity and verifies the accuracy of bin contents and label information and replaces missing labels. Performs warehouse cycle counts and researches discrepancies before inventory adjustments are made. Receives and processes vendor shipments as well as pick and pack replenishment orders for delivery to internal and external customers
- Counts and reorders needed supplies using wireless handheld units and releases completed orders for processing while traveling to the next storeroom location.
- Maintains stock within the assigned area along with patient care areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensures that inventory items are rotated as necessary and expired products are removed and disposed of following department guidelines.
- Review par level analysis reports for utilization patterns. Recommends item additions, deletions, and par level changes to the Clinical Manager and reviews all suggestions with the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Manager of Distribution Operations.
- Responds to product recall as required. Identifies, segregates, and executes disposition plans for recalled products. Fully prepares stock areas to accommodate substitute products, i.e. re-label and restock bins as needed.
- Inspects bins for cleanliness and label integrity. Prints and replaces bin labels for any incorrect, missing or damaged labels.
- Utilizes computer system to perform warehouse cycle counts for warehouse stock locations and compares physical inventory to system inventory.
- Researches all discrepancies before completing data entry in the cycle count program.
Receives materials and verifies contents by reviewing against packing slips, receiving slips, purchase orders, etc.
- Utilizes computer systems to process PO receipts into PeopleSoft application in a timely manner.
Picks and processes material requisitions for hospital supply rooms following established procedures.
- Deliver completed orders to various locations within the hospital complex. Tissue tracks human or animal composite products using a handheld scanner working within Centricity Resource Catalog. Verifies tissue was accurately tracked at month-end.
- Handles explanted devices in accordance with Lifespan’s warranty policy.
- May unload bulk supplies from loading dock using hand and electric lift trucks.
- Processes returns of unused or overstocked items. May interact with vendors to check on or expedite delivery of orders and/or initiate the request for vendor returns.
- 1 + years’ experience working in an Inventory Control environment is required.
- High School level of knowledge with the ability to read, write, understand, and speak English.
Knowledge in the areas of forecasting, replenishment, receiving, cycle-counting, and data entry is expected.
- Analytical ability to identify research and resolve problems and errors.
- The ability to perform basic arithmetic computations to verify shipments, complete delivery logs, and outbound shipment of packages.
- Experience with operating standard and automated office equipment including a handheld ordering device, online computer, and printing machines.
- Interpersonal skills to exchange information with the vendor, clinical, clerical, and management personnel.
- The ability to operate power equipment and hand trucks is required.
- Must possess strong computer skills, have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Attention to detail is a must.
We understand having the RIGHT industry-specific talent on your team is critical and the difference between who fails and who thrives. That’s why we strive to partner with companies who value talent as their most important asset. Staffing impacts your bottom line and isn’t a commodity – it’s a necessity, and our recruiters aren’t just experts in staffing and employment, they’re experts in each vertical too.
We offer a specialized team of experts in each vertical so they understand your industry. Skilled candidates who have direct industry experience ranging from junior, mid, and senior-level to management, are open to a variety of opportunities to advance their careers. We then partner with each candidate and client to ensure the opportunity is aligned with their unique career goals to match the client’s job responsibilities and requirements.
We take the time to understand your pain points and develop solutions that fit your needs. That is why we offer the exclusive RightPro Onboarding Performance Program, known as R-POPP*.