Plant Production Manager
Responsible for leading all aspects of a location. This includes safety, quality, production, warehousing, shipping, receiving and cost accountability within various departments within the plant. This position embodies the values of RPP Products, focusing on the following key drivers of success:
· Lead Like an Owner
· Manages a safe working environment
· Provides strategic input and oversight to departmental projects
· Makes data driven decisions and develops sustainable solutions
· Skilled in reducing costs and managing timelines while prioritizing long run impact over short term wins
· Leads/facilitates discussions to get positive outcomes
· Makes strategic decisions which prioritize the needs of the customer over departmental/individual goals
· Continuously evaluates existing programs and processes, and develops new initiatives to increase efficiency and reduce waste
· Creates, monitors, and responds to departmental performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
· Communicates a clear vision, organizes resources effectively, and adjusts the strategy as needed when managing change
· Hands on approach to action when solving problems.
· Self-driven - Find a Way
· Demonstrates ability to think analytically and synthesize complex information
· Effectively delegates technical tasks to subordinates
· Works effectively with departments, vendors, and customers to achieve organizational success
· Identifies opportunities for collaboration in strategic ways
· Empowered to be Great
· Makes hiring decisions primarily based on culture fit and attitude, and secondarily based on technical expertise
· Engages in long term talent planning
· Provides opportunities for the development of all direct reports
· Understands, identifies, and addresses conflict within own team and between teams
· Manage a staff between 6 – 10 employees.
· Responsible for plant production goals
· Responsible for production scheduling and execution for the plant.
· Direct and coordinate production, warehousing, and maintenance operations within company policy and guidelines for the facility.
· Communicate daily operations to Vice President of Operations.
· Work with department managers to ensure coordination of purchasing, production, quality, warehouse, maintenance activities and on-time shipping.
· Select and train department staff.
· Foster a well-trained and motivated staff through excellent leadership and communication skills.
· Ensure employee performance reviews are conducted reflecting accurate goals and performance.
· Schedule and conduct plant meetings with production and maintenance staff.
· Ensure maintenance of clean and safe facility.
· Communicate with all levels of personnel through strong interpersonal skills.
· Attend corporate training and meetings.
· Responsible for the warehouse manager and for inventory control of raw materials and finished goods as well as all shipping and receiving functions.
· Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
· Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Minimum Qualifications/ Minimum experience required
· 5+ Years in production and warehousing in leading and supervising employees
· Strong planning and organization skills - ability to multi-task
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, or peers.
· Inventory Control
· High sense of urgency
· Ability to work well under pressure in fast paced environment
· Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and MRP Systems
· Interviewing, hiring, and training
· Planning, assigning and directing work
· Capital and project management
· Budgetary and P&L experience
· Appraising performance - rewarding and disciplining employees
· Addressing complaints and problem resolution
Qualifications/ Minimum experience preferred
· Bottling and/or packaging
· Automotive lubricants
· Minimum Required: • Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or other related field
· Required: N/A
· Preferred: ISO 9000 / Lean
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a resume into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of RPP Products. RPP Products will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity. Employment agencies that have fee agreements with RPP Products and have been engaged on a search shall submit resume to the designated RPP Products recruiter or, upon authorization, submit resume into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
RPP Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices