ROWI Thousand Oaks, CA
- Posted: 25 days ago
- $22 to $28 Hourly
The Medical Billing Assistant is responsible for monitoring claim status, researching rejections and denials, documenting related account activities within CollaborateMD, posting adjustments and assisting with collections from commercial insurance payers. The Medical Billing Assistant must possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an understanding of commercial insurance payer payment methods to correctly record contractual adjustments based on payer contracts. In addition, the Medical Billing Assistant must demonstrate proficiency within billing system to ensure all functionality is utilized for efficient processing of claims in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform follow up with Commercial insurance companies on unpaid insurance accounts identified through aging reports.
- Process appeals online or via paper submission.
- Communicate with billing assistant to identify and resolve audit review issues.
- Communicate daily with insurance companies via phone and written communication to answer/respond to correspondence related to patient. accounts and answer billing and change related inquiries.
- Utilize CollaborateMD and BestNotes to research, investigate and record findings to get claims processed and paid properly.
- Maintain patient information confidentiality pursuant to HIPPA compliance.
- Ability to handle a large volume of outbound insurance calls for the purpose of claims follow up.
- Responsible for entering detailed notes that clearly follow the claims process from submission to final posting, including Explanation of Benefits (EOB) reconciliation, processing denial of claims and providing required documentation.
- Responsible for applying benefit verification information to the collections process.
- Responsible for applying Single Case Agreements to an account during the collections process. Must be able to identify the difference between electronic and paper submissions in CollaborateMD.
- Responsible for collection and/or re-submission of claims by communicating information to supervisor and biller in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly reports based on the collections process.
- Attend designated staff and in-service meetings as required.
- Any additional duties as assigned by the management team.
Other Related Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of CollaborateMD and BestNotes preferred
- Working knowledge of CPT/revenue codes preferred
- Working knowledge of commercial insurance carrier billing requirements
- Ability to read and understand EOB’s
- Ability to work with In-Network and Out-of-Network carriers
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Able to maintain clear boundaries with clients and staff.
- Work effectively within an interdisciplinary team environment.
Basic Education and Experience Required:
- 1-3 years of medical billing experience
- High School diploma
- Mental health industry experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple assignments.
- Must exercise discretion with billing information.
- Able to present and manage cases in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Must be able to communicate with people from all educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Must have strong written and skills communication skills.
- Must cope constructively with stressful situations.
- Must demonstrate tact, initiative, resourcefulness, professional manner, enthusiasm, and non-judgmental attitude.
- Documents clearly and efficiently.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and eligibility for insurance with agency’s vehicles.
- Must have valid First-Aid & CPR Certification or be willing to obtain.
Pay: $22 - $28 per hour
AddressThousand Oaks, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at ROWI