CDL A Autonomous OTR Test Driver
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Are you looking for a long-term career opportunity and to be part of a team that will test drive and help develop autonomous self-driving trucks? Roush has a need for a full-time CDL A Autonomous OTR Test Driver. You will have the unique opportunity to collaborate, give input, and help guide the development of this new, fast-paced, exciting era of autonomous vehicles. The CDL A Autonomous OTR Test Driver will transport goods between hubs using dedicated routes utilizing both robotic and manual vehicle operations. This role will require you to drive the Class A truck in a variety of road conditions and operating modes. The CDL A Autonomous OTR Test Driver will travel a minimum of 50% of the time with some overnight stays. This position is based out of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
At Roush, you are part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
As a CDL Class A Autonomous OTR Test Driver, you will be responsible for:
- Driving vehicles on designated routes utilizing various levels of driver aided technology and driving fully autonomous trucks
- Transporting goods between hubs using dedicated routes utilizing both robotic and manual vehicle operations
- Reporting any functional issues encountered while driving
- Testing vehicle features and systems and provide feedback relating to vehicle performance
- Additional testing duties based on customer or vehicle needs
To be considered as a CDL Class A Autonomous OTR Test Driver, you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Class A commercial driver's license
- Minimum 3 years of recent, verifiable Class A driving experience
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination and criminal background check
- An excellent driving record
- Basic computer proficiency and good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of the position
- Ability to interpret maps and determine routing
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to travel and stay overnight at 50% minimum travel required
- Ability to work and communicate verbally and in writing as needed in a team environment
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs., sit, stand, and bend
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
Transportation and StorageView All ROUSH Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.