At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 4,000 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Are you looking for a thriving company to join? Roush has an immediate need for an Assistant Construction Coordinator to support our existing project management team, including a registered architect, within our facilities department. In this role, you will take ownership to effectively manage specific projects and tasks to completion within a set budget and timeframe. The Assistant Construction Coordinator will work with internal teams and external contractors to assist in the procurement and scheduling of services including finishes, furnishings and equipment. This position will be located in Livonia, MI.
- Minimum associate degree in project management or in a construction-related field
- 1+ years of recent project coordination work experience to include interfacing with clients & contractors to implement project timing within a corporate/industrial setting
- Strong understanding of construction terms, scheduling, and planning concepts
- Assistant Construction Coordinator must have the ability to understand/interpret construction plans and specifications
- Strong problem solving to complete tasks within a deadline-driven environment
- Strength in personal interaction to work well with contractor and sales representatives in the construction efforts
- Organized approached to project planning, trade scheduling and implementation
- Field investigation and on-site contractor coordination
- Must be a self-starter, adept at taking initiative, and able to handle multiple tasks in parallel
- Assistant Construction Coordinator must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must have a clean driving record and able to travel to local Metro Detroit buildings and work flexible hours as needed
- Skill in non-residential construction cost estimating
- Software use of PeopleSoft, MS Project, and CAD programs
- Exposure to building construction codes such as IBC, ADA and NFPA
- Office system furniture exposure and interior materials selecting
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.