Position is located in San Luis Obispo, CA
ROSEN is a leading privately owned company that was established in 1981. Over the last 38 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3,800 employees.
ROSEN offers sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. The focus of our research efforts and high tech solutions is on safe operation of assets which provides protection for both people and the environment.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to complement our 3-person electrical engineering team in San Luis Obispo, California. Check us out at www.rosen-group.com.
Rosen’s San Luis Obispo (SLO) site primarily functions as a Pilot Engineering center for other Rosen sites. We develop prototype state-of-the-art sensor systems for non-destructive testing of critical infrastructure, manufactured components, and in-field assets. We increase safety of previously uninspectable assets by creating new inspection techniques and equipment. We strive to create a supportive and rewarding environment so everyone can excel.
Our electrical engineering team’s primary focus is on developing embedded systems for interfacing to prototype sensors used in non-destructive testing. This typically involves analog and digital circuit design, power electronics design, FPGA design, and system integration.
Your responsibilities will include:
Digital and analog hardware design and verification
Firmware design and verification
Initial board bring-up
Writing test scripts to exercise low-level hardware functionality
Creating and executing written test plans
Communicating with software, mechanical, sensor, and manufacturing engineers in SLO to help integrate your designs into larger systems
Assisting with project initiation by gathering requirements, defining architecture, and estimating effort
Providing customer documentation
Providing technical support for internal customers
Travelling to Europe a few times per year for work
Skills and experience that you will need:
- 3-5 years of experience or relevant internships
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivation, and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel on a few short business trips per year
- Knowledge of basic digital and analog circuit design concepts
- Experience with PCB design software, PCB layout
- Programming experience. 2 or more of: C/C++, Matlab, Python, HDL
- Proficient at testing and troubleshooting electronic circuits using test and measurement equipment: oscilloscope, function generator, multimeter, etc.
Skills and experience that will be nice to have:
- FPGA/SoC design
- Embedded systems, embedded Linux
- Power supply design
- Analog and digital signal processing
- Experience with electric motors and motor controllers
- Knowledge of magnetic circuit concepts
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
Medical, dental, vision
401k with matching
Paid Vacation and Sick Time
Long-term Disability Insurance
Corporate Fitness Club Membership
Flexible work schedule
Flexible Spending Account
Career development opportunities
A positive work environment