Senior Financial Analyst, Long-Term Care
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst, Long-Term Care to join a prominent organization providing healthcare services in Indianapolis.
Senior Financial Analyst, Long-Term Care is responsible for coordinating and performing a wide range of Corporate Long Term Care financial activities including cost measurement, budget analysis, financial reporting, and the compilation /evaluation of financial information. The Senior Financial Analyst prepares the analysis of monthly financials from the LTC management company (LTC Manager) in addition to preparing various financial analysis reports as requested by leadership. The Senior Financial Analyst participates in the submission of documents and portions of the transmittal letter for the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report in accordance with GASB statements and guidelines.
Please note on required vaccinations: Our client requires all new hires to receive various vaccinations, including the influenza and COVID-19 vaccines. New hires will also be provided the option to submit proof of previous vaccination. The COVID-19 vaccine is required to begin employment, and all team members need to be fully vaccinated with their second dose before their start date. Also required is pre-employment occupational screening and a background check, as a condition of employment.
Resumes may be submitted directly or via email to email@example.com
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of previous accounting experience (preferably in Long Term Care and/or LTC government sector).
- Knowledge of Governmental Accounting Standards Board statements and guidelines is required.
- Works closely with the audit team and creates and maintains client assistance documentation (PBC lists) required for the annual financial audits.
- Participate in the preparation of the comprehensive annual financial report in accordance with Governmental Accounting Standards Board rules and guidelines.
- Reviews general, cost, and budget ledger entries to the computerized accounting system. (e.g., payroll entries, cash journal corrections, bond interest, interest receivable, interest payable, grants, etc.) as prepared by the LTC Manager's accounting staff.
- Reviews LTC Manager's monthly analyses of revenues and expenses to determine relationships between expense and budget and participates in monthly or as-needed Finance meetings.
- Review LTC invoices paid by the Manager in the amount of more than $25,000 per check and prepares further analysis as determined necessary. Reviews monthly all invoices and checks paid for LTC of related parties.
- Analyzes Corporate accounting and budgeting process and recommends improvements that are consistent with sound financial management. Recommends appropriate cost-containing measures.
- Works with Sr. VP LTC, HHC CFO, and the LTC Management Company in preparing LTC data for Annual Operating Budget and Capital Expenditure Budgets in accordance with the Management Agreement and individual facility leases.
- With the LTC manager, forecasts financial activity for use in cash and budgeting operations.
- Prepares and directs others in assembling data for monthly reports, showing the LTC Division's financial status. Prepares other special reports and provides financial and statistical data to assist upper management in decision-making.
- Reviews LTC Manager's policies and procedures related to finances and accounting and participates in revisions and development of policies necessary for a sound financial management system at the direction of the HHC Corporate Financial Officer, to ensure that all LTC-related Corporate financial activities are conducted in a manner consistent with generally accepted accounting principles and applicable accounting standards for government.
- Monitors adherence to the capital expenditures approved in the annual CAP EX budgets for LTC and the work projects such as renovations, and large repair projects.
- Communicates with the Manager's V.P. of Plant Management and Construction and directs others when necessary to validate the status of various CAP EX projects.
- Participates in monthly update meetings with LTC Manager staff related to construction projects and any requests for Cap Exchanges.
- Participates in preparing reports for the LTC Committee Meetings Board of Directors and attends committee meetings as directed.
- Interacts with any financial consultants of the LTC Division or Headquarters as appropriate and requested regarding the LTC Division.
About ROI Search Group
ROI Search Group is a 100% woman-owned staffing firm in Fishers, IN that offers direct hire, interim, and contract staffing, while also providing executive search, outplacement services, and training. We believe that people are an organization's most important asset; therefore, our approach to attracting the most qualified passive talent is unique by design while supporting candidates throughout their careers. Drawing upon seasoned experience, ROI Search Group's proprietary methods provide a better understanding of client goals, job requirements, and company culture, while getting to know what's most important to our clients and candidates. Your goals are our goals, every single time.
ROI Search Group
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?