- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join a prominent healthcare system in Indianapolis. The Senior Accountant role is hybrid and requires 1 day per week in the office.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for recording advanced journal entries and performing analysis activities. The Senior Accountant will also be charged with the preparation and some review activities related to the month end close process, as well as support for the annual financial statement audit. In addition, the Senior Accountant will provide financial analysis and ad-hoc reporting including presenting financial information to non-financial professionals.
Resumes may be submitted directly or via email to email@example.com.
Please note on required vaccinations: Our client requires all new hires to receive various vaccinations, including the influenza and COVID-19 vaccines. New hires will also be provided the option to submit proof of previous vaccination. The COVID-19 vaccine is required to begin employment; and all team members need to be fully vaccinated with their second dose before their start date. Also required is pre-employment occupational screening and a background check, as a condition of employment.
- Meet accounting financial objectives by reviewing account balances; identifying and evaluating trends; analyzing variances; initiating any corrective actions or adjustments.
- Accurately adjust account balances on a monthly basis and accurately prepare journal entries, audit work papers, and support for the monthly/annual financial statements.
- Prepare and review work performed by other members of the accounting team including analysis, financial reporting, journal entries, reconciliations, and audit work papers.
- Lead efforts to assess, modify, and/or develop and implement more timely and consistent processes/systems to increase efficiency, accuracy, and meaningfulness of information.
- Research and interpret changes in accounting policy and apply observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Prepare advanced analysis in order to problem solve and communicate results to leadership.
- Perform financial reporting including supporting the financial statement audit.
- Prepares annual budget.
Education and Experience:
- Three+ years of relevant accounting experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Experience with high volume journal entries and month-end close required.
- Ad-hoc reporting experience required.
- Experience communicating financials to non-financial professionals required.
- Analytical experience working with complex data sets
- Ability to prioritize work and be self-driven in a fast-paced environment
- Healthcare finance experience (accounting, finance, revenue cycle, managed care, etc.).
- Public Accounting experience.
- Experience with Oracle.
About ROI Search Group:
ROI Search Group is a 100% woman-owned staffing firm in Fishers, IN that offers direct hire, interim, and contract staffing, while also providing executive search, outplacement services, and training. We believe that people are an organization's most important asset; therefore, our approach to attract the most qualified passive talent is unique by design while supporting candidates throughout their career. Drawing upon seasoned experience, ROI Search Group's proprietary methods provide a better understanding of client goals, job requirements, company culture, while getting to know what's most important to our clients and candidates. Your goals are our goals, every single time.
ROI Search Group
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at ROI Search Group