Why You Want to Work Here:
This is a great opportunity for a candidate with previous accounting experience who has exposure to the commercial real estate industry! We are looking for a Staff Accounting to work directly with our Senior Vice President of Treasury & Cash Management as well as our Lease Management Team. He / she will collaborate regularly with internal personnel and vendors in support of accounting, expenses, accounts payable and receivable.
Responsibilities of Staff Accountant:
- Process Job Code Set-up Requests
- Process New Vendor Set-ups and Update Requests
- Update Daily Cash Schedule with Monthly validation against bank reconciliations
- Identify, Research and Resolve checks over 90 days
- Maintain and Research refund checks received
- Reconcile and Prepare for payment Capital Job Funding Schedules for weekly check run
- Prepare, Analyze Data and File Annual 1099s.
- Generate OT Payroll Invoices
- Generate Monthly Construction Management Fee invoices
- Set-up, manage, monitor and control the movement, filing and archiving of all construction contracts with the objective of ensuring compliance with company procedures.
- Prepare Monthly Construction Job Close-Out Schedules
- A / R-Assist the Staff Accountant with posting tenant cash receipts & monthly tenant billings
- A / P- Provide support to the Accounts Payable Specialist with invoice entry
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Staff Accountant:
- Some college or Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience.
- Relevant experience in the commercial real estate preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as correspondence, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel). Strong Excel skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of automated accounting systems -- MRI, Yardi.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages and discounts. Intermediate to advanced accounting and financial skills and knowledge.