Company: ROCO Real Estate
Position: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
Founded in 2012, ROCO Real Estate is a privately owned and operated full service real estate investment and management company headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, MI. ROCO currently owns approximately 20,000 apartment units across 13 states and has over 500 employees. ROCO has a long-term hold strategy for our assets, which means that when we invest in real estate we are making a meaningful commitment. We have experienced record growth due to hiring the best professionals in the industry. ROCO makes significant investments in our employees and properties. We treat our residents and Investor partners the way we would want to be treated, if our positions were reversed.
We are defined by our unique culture – centered around young entrepreneurs making waves in an old industry. ROCO’s greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We focus on customer-service and reward impact.
About this position:
Directly responsible to the Property Manager regarding all day to day maintenance for the property. The Maintenance Supervisor is the coordinator and supervisor of the maintenance program and project maintenance personnel. This is a "hands-on" position, which requires significant technical knowledge and skills. The maintenance supervisor reports to the Regional Facilities Director.
· Prioritize and delegate work assignments and work orders and establish work schedules for maintenance, grounds and cleaning staff.
· Ensures budget compliance for all maintenance related items.
· Coordinate emergency maintenance on-call schedule, and post and distribute emergency telephone numbers.
· Communicate with the Property Manager regularly regarding maintenance problems, status of large jobs and when needed collecting bids for the outsourcing
· Coordinate unit turn-over procedures and closely track vacancies in order to assure minimal downtime and maximum quality.
· In conjunction with the Regional Facilities Manager, oversee capital improvement schedule, and implement and adhere to weekly and monthly inspection schedule regarding common areas, roofs, community rooms, emergency lighting, safety and fire prevention equipment, security devices, boiler rooms, etc. Inspection reports should be submitted to the Property Manager on a regular basis.
· Maintain neat, well organized shop with a 30-day inventory and inventory controls and make management-approved purchases of supplies, equipment and services.
· Supervise, review, evaluate and counsel employees in conjunction with the directives of the Property Manager
· Effectively service resident community by cooperating with residents, completing work orders in a timely, unobtrusive and courteous manner, and assuring that all maintenance and cleaning staff perform their functions in the same manner.
· Ensure that maintenance personnel understand and comply with Worker's Compensation and OSHA safety rules.
· Make certain that maintenance personnel understand and adhere to all Fair Housing Laws.
· Carry out any and all duties assigned by supervisor(s) in carrying out the day to day responsibilities of managing and maintaining a multi-family property.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 3+ years’ experience in multi-family residential property management
· Knowledge and expertise of the Fair Housing laws and guidelines. Experience applying local state laws relative to Fair Housing.
· Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds and negotiate stairs and ladders easily.
· Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
· Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
· Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
· Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
· Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
· Attendance is an imperative job function
· HVAC Certification: Candidate must obtain their HVAC Certification through our employer-funded certification program within 60 days of hire, or must be HVAC certified upon hire.
ROCO is proud to provide its team members with:
- Comprehensive benefits package including affordable Medical, Dental & Vision plan options and 401(k) with employer-matched contributions.
- ROCO University delivers virtual, live and instructor-led training on topics relevant to the Property Management industry.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal time off, as well as paid holidays.
- Lucrative commission and bonus plans, dependent on position.
- Paid parental leave, Tuition reimbursement, Charitable donation program, Referral bonuses, Employee recognition programs and MUCH more!