Senior Content Writer
- $65,000 to $75,000 Yearly
POSITION PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions (RMU) seeks a Senior Content Writer to write and produce innovative and compelling communication and marketing content for web, social media, print, blogs, videos, and other delivery medias to promote affinity to RMU, increase awareness of the RMU brand, attract students to RMU’s graduate programs, and obtain philanthorpic support from external audiences.
- Responsible for executing internal and client-facing content strategy to a cross-section of readers with varied knowledge and interests.
- Use industry best practices to create compelling stories across a variety of mediums to produce a wide range of content and copy including blog posts, press releases, website copy, email copy, positioning statements, personas, marketing content, short and long-form blog articles, narrative user stories, video scripts, newsletters, magazines, annual reports, social media posts.
- Work in close collaboration with communication, marketing, web, social and video teams.
- This is a dynamic role with the opportunity to take on various campaigns and responsibilities where one project may not look like the next. With a knack for quickly absorbing the goal, audience, and message of campaigns, this position will create copy that fits the need on the first try.
- Conduct in-depth research on industry-related topics to develop original content.
- Assist marketing team in developing content for advertising campaigns.
- Proofreading content for errors and inconsistencies.
- Editing and polishing existing content to improve readability.
- Conduct keyword research and using SEO best practices to increase traffic to the website.
- Create compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience.
- Identify academic programs’ needs and create new content to address gaps in the program’s current content.
- Evaluate analytics to adjust content as needed.
- Regularly update the university website with new fresh content.
- Create inspiring SEO-driven written content.
- Write all levels of copy for digital and offline media, ensuring that style, tone and voice are appropriately aligned with intended audience and client brand.
- Collaborate across a variety of workstreams on cross-platform campaigns.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional peers and external stakeholders.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple publishing projects.
- Research, interview, and obtain information as needed to complete projects.
- Plan, write, and execute internal messaging strategy working closely with Director of University Communications.
- Meet deadlines on projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or related area.
- 7+ years of experience.
- Experience in concept-creating and producing integrated marketing campaigns across a wide variety of traditional and digital channels.
- Creative thinker and problem solver who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Experience articulating the subtle difference between content writing and copywriting.
- Proven ability to effortlessly to create and blend messaging to support any campaign.
- Extreme familiarity with editorial publishing schedule.
- A mind that balances logic with imagination.
- Demonstrated skill as an empathetic listener, communicator, and collaborator.
- Poised under pressure.
- Resilience to accept criticism of your work.
- Proficiency with G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar), Microsoft Suite, and an ability to quickly learn and embrace new tools.
- Master’s degree in Journalism/Communications, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or related area.
- Experience in for-profit, healthcare or higher-ed preferred
- Experience in web copywriting; article/blog writing; press release/news writing; SEO/SEO writing; social media writing; video script writing
Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions (RMUoHP) is a rapidly growing, regionally accredited, graduate healthcare institution located in beautiful Provo, Utah with easy access to hiking trails, world-renowned ski resorts, national parks, zip lines, and more. Our employees and students embody the statement “Advancing Knowledge, Advancing Healthcare Advancing You”. At RMU, we believe all employees should have the opportunity to not only grow as a professional, but also as an individual. We invite you to join our community and become your best self. In doing so, you will also be furthering our mission to advance healthcare & develop leaders.
OUR MISSION AND VALUES
The Mission of RMUoHP is to educate current and future healthcare professionals for outcomes-oriented, evidence-based practice. The University demonstrates mission fulfillment through the quality of its education and success of its students in academic programs that develop leaders skilled in clinical inquiry and prepared to effect healthcare change.
RMUoHP values being Learning-Centered, Authentic, Collaborative, Evidence-Based, Service-Oriented, Inclusive, and Trustworthy. These core values contribute to our unique university culture.
RMUoHP offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees that includes, but is not limited to:
Paid Time Off (per year)
- 14 holidays, 12 sick days, long winter break in December, 1 floating holiday (your day of choice), 1 floating Cultural & Diversity Appreciation Day, 1 floating day of service, vacation accruals for administrative positions (10-30 days based on job level & years of service), time off between semesters for faculty, random holiday extensions given by President, vacation and sick time carryover
Personal / Physical Growth
- 80% covered healthcare and dental premiums, accommodating leave for new parents, free 24/7 BetterHelp counseling sessions via chat/phone/video, insurance reimbursement for existing spouse/partner’s policy, donated sick time program for medical/life emergencies
- HSA matching program – up to $100 per paycheck, 401(k) matching program with immediate 100% vesting at eligibility date, free retirement planning & financial advisement
- Professional / Educational Advancement
- Tuition reimbursement up to $3000 per year at other institutions, employee tuition discount starting at 75% discount upon 1 year of service for RMU courses, RMU tuition scholarship for relatives, allocations for professional development, 100% covered BLS classes
Work Environment Development
- Flexibility, work/life balance, growth & development opportunities, networking opportunities through monthly activities/workshops/events, service opportunities, employee recognition & awards program
ROCKY MTN UNIVERSITY OF HEALTHProvo, UT
Arts and EntertainmentView All ROCKY MTN UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.