Applied Bank, one of the highest rated banks in Delaware, is looking for an entry-level Commercial Credit Analyst/Underwriter in our corporate office located in Glen Mills, PA. The Commercial Credit Analyst/Underwriter will meet existing and potential client workflow demands by playing key roles in the conduct and management of client projects, participate in the development and execution of the company’s business development plans and generally support company operations. The position will involve analyzing credit information pertaining principally to commercial and commercial real estate loans and preparing memorandums for presentation for approval by senior and executive management and directors of the Bank.
- Perform underwriting related to new commercial and commercial real estate loan origination and due diligence, including the evaluation of existing credit exposure and relationships.
- Prepare financial statement spreads from operating statements and develop pro-forma scenarios and projections, analyze borrower and project credit quality, cash flow and collateral quality, etc. as delineated by the scope of the individual loan request.
- Prepare written reports related to loans and collateral, recommend appropriate actions, and prepare correspondence and present results to management.
- Analyze third-party reports and appraisals. Determine and obtain missing files and/or missing documentation as needed to complete the assignment.
- Identify risks (and mitigants) to asset cash flows and negative aspects of loans and collateral. Review significant issues with senior management.
- Perform collateral analysis and site inspections as needed.
- Exercise independent judgment in the performance of risk assessment/analysis, underwriting and business development strategies to meet strategic objectives.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to develop and manage internal and external relationship/accounts are required.
- Ability to be an innovator, problem solver, and self-starter.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field desired, MBA a plus.
- Internship(s) in Commercial Credit/Underwriting, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to efficiently model in Excel. Argus experience is a plus.