- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
RND Automation, a rapidly expanding robotic automation, assembly & packaging equipment company is seeking an Engineering Manager for Florida's largest industrial automatic, robotics, and packaging machinery manufacturer in Lakewood Ranch, Florida.
As part of the Management Team, you will be the manager of all aspects of engineering, including, but not limited to, mechanical design, electrical/controls design, PLC, HMI, robot, & vision programming. This will include providing direction and managing the standards and process for how machines are designed, as well as what components are chosen for the designs. The Engineering Manager will ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget for the engineering phase. To support the engineering phase, you will attend all project design reviews and most project huddles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess, manage, and delegate mechanical and electrical resources with the assistance of the Mechanical & Controls Lead Engineers.
- Provide vision on product technical roadmap, and develop employees and technology in critical areas.
- Discuss and follow-up on project progress with Director of Operations, ensuring employees deliver on their commitments;
- Define guidelines governing the team’s methods and standards and challenge their relevancy and enforce the process.
- Oversee the development, design, and implement control strategies for robots and other automation equipment using PLCs, motion controllers, and industrial PCs
- Assist with and oversee the selection of outside sources, electrical drives, motors, robots, slides, pneumatics and controllers from outside suppliers.
- Guide the development of specifications for the design of GUIs and other HMIs
- Develop and enforce design and coding processes, design reviews, and verification plans.
- Read, evaluate, and adhere to customer equipment specifications, in house proposals, and standard processes.
- Assess and mentor Engineering Staff – Provide Educational Development and Cross-training path for team members.
- Prepare and implement reviews for primary and secondary reports.
- Act as part of the Management Team for furthering RND’s goals and future development.
- Actively participate in project design reviews and project huddles.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Engineering Lead or Manager
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience designing Horizontal and/or Vertical Form Fill and Seal Equipment. Experience in custom automation assembly machinery, robotics and other industrial machinery is a major plus.
- Knowledge of film chemistry, heat, pressure, and time requirements for the production of thermoformed rigid and flexible packages.
- While the Engineering Manager does not have to be an expert programmer, knowledge of Allen Bradley control systems and I/O communication is required.
- Should be an expert at reducing costs through simplifications, standardization and make/buy decisions when designing industrial machinery.
- Ability to work with sales, supply chain, and manufacturing departments to ensure a closed loop system of documentation and standardization of machinery.
Please apply to Marna Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals ONLY - No Recruiters Please
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Laid back, work/life balance work environment
- Brand new, state of the art facility
- Flexible and "unlimited"* vacation policy
- Work outings every quarter and catered meals-one a month
RND Automation is a Lakewood Ranch, FL based manufacturer of custom automation machinery, robotic work cells and packaging equipment. RND works in industries as diverse as medical devices, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, defense and ammunition, and consumer products. Our company has the capability to automate your entire process from raw materials to finished packaged goods.
These offerings form a unique team where custom is standard and customers are the priority.
RND AutomationWhy Work Here?
Rapidly growing automation and packaging machinery company. Get in before it's too late. We work hard and play hard!
RND Automation designs and manufactures custom assembly machinery, robotic workcells and full packaging line integration. Their expertise in consumer goods, aerospace, automotive, defense and medical device assembly, inspection, testing and validation, coupled with their line of medical device and consumer product packaging machinery, world-class horizontal form, fill and seal technologies, allows them to offer fully vertically integrated lines from raw materials to palletized cases. These offerings form a unique team where custom is standard and customers are the priority.
AddressLakewood Ranch, FL