1. General job duties. Types of procedures required. Initiation and discontinuation of dialysis via fistula, graft or central line. Assessment of patient , CL dressing changes, medication administration, and monitoring of the patients treatments.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.) B Braun dialysis machines mostly. Could be some Fresenius machines if go to Acutes. EPIC for charting. Accudose for meds.
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience. At least 3 years dialysis experience and at least 1 year of dialysis traveling experience.
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc) BLS. Dialysis certification preferred.
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?) 10 hours with start mostly at 0630, could be 0530 or 0600 start also.
6. Floating to over units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?) Possibly to Acute dialysis
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept. 19 stations
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only) 4-7 patients at a time. Approximately 15 pts/day. Work closely with at Tech also.
9. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program. About 3 days of orientation to include computer classes and independent computer based training and orientation to the unit.