- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Rocky Mountain Scientific Laboratory
Location: Littleton, Colorado
U.S. Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess or be Able to Obtain: None
Description of Business Environment:
Peace is often associated with passivity. At Rocky Mountain Scientific Laboratory, we associate peace with strength, courage, and action. We know that enabling peace to prevail is not for the faint of heart, which is why we built our company foundation on the core values of Integrity, Quality, Agility, and Grit. We pride ourselves in providing unequaled services and technologies in the field of applied energetics to our customers. Our experts possess extensive knowledge and capability in energetic materials and military systems enabling them to offer analytical characterization, modeling & simulation, design, system integration, prototyping, test engineering, and proof-of-concept production services covering a wide range of applications. Our strengths lie in our ability and relentless determination to get the job done quickly and affordably.
RMSL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected status. An applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran can request reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our positions.
Specific Job Description:
RMSL is a growth company with an outstanding job opportunity. This position will report to the VP. The Facility / IT Manager will be an integral part of a small cross functional team working on supporting activities related to exciting project development with cutting-edge technology. In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for management of RMSL facilities to ensure the building’s services meet employees’ needs, planning and executing project deliverables, and winning business. This individual must demonstrate innovation, an understanding of various engineering systems, out-of-the-box thinking and creativity.
- Oversee daily operations of the company
- Facilities management
- Facility resource allocation
- IT IAW CMMC
- Laboratory safety management
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Facility is clean and maintained according to company policy and procedures
- Manages and oversees service contracts
- Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections
- Sources, vets, hires, and checks completed work by vendors and contractors
- Ensures security and emergency systems and preparedness procedures are working and implemented properly
- Inventory Management and 5S organization
- Recommends maintenance, mechanical, electrical, and facility design modifications
- Forecasts, allocates, and supervises the financial and physical resources of the facility management
- IT management
- Coordinate, plan, and lead computer-related activities
- Implement computer systems to fulfill the organization’s information system requirements, which includes computer network, electronic support, and IT vendor services
- Help troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT
- Regularly check, organize, and control the IT and electronic data operations
- Ensure that all data, network access and systems are secure and protected
- Work towards the user’s needs by identifying problem areas and implement solutions quickly
- Monitor performance of IT systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and make recommendations for improving IT infrastructure
- Regularly file reports on the functioning of systems and services
- Security management
- Hire, mentor, manage, and supervise direct reports to help facilitate responsibilities
- Coordinate with departmental heads to develop financial plans and ensure company-wide compliance
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- Managing OH procurement and resource allocation
- Establish policies that promote company culture and efficient operations
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes
- Facilities management
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning
- Operation management experience
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Outstanding organizational and managerial abilities with the ability to prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
Highly Beneficial Skills:
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, vendor relations, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA in facility management, business, information management, or engineering
- 5-10 years in related positions
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development
- Flexible schedule
- Employee discounts
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Get fresh Laboratory Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.