RMJ Technologies (RMJT) is looking for a self-starting, entrepreneurial minded and goal driven person with a background in selling telematics to public agencies to join our team as a Government Sales Representative. As a candidate for this position with RMJ Tech, you have the opportunity to work with a company that is growing quickly, and to be a contributing member of our success with an opportunity for career advancement. We are strong believers in collaborative teamwork, creativity and innovation, and continuous improvement and efficiency. As a result, we create an environment that fosters customer, employee, and partner success. We believe in increasing the human value of our employee’s lives and their associated communities and strive to develop and maintain a culture that promotes passion for all people who come in contact with our business.
RMJ Technologies is a Fleet Optimization company that specializes in telematics, vehicle camera systems, and driver training. The Sales Representative primarily will be responsible for selling off of a sole-sourced telematics contract to public agencies within the state of California. Candidate will close sales through cold calling, lead generation, networking, and leveraging existing contacts.
Reporting: This position reports directly to the company President.
Schedule and Location: This position is a full-time non-exempt position. Candidate will work Monday-Friday from 8 AM to 430 PM. Candidate is eligible to work remotely based on location.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base plus residual commission
- 15 accrued PTO days/year.
- Health Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- 401K plan
Inside Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a sales strategy for the use of a sole-sourced government contract via your established network of government fleet contacts.
- Achieve or exceed sales quotas by developing an understanding of customers’ business, overall strategy and operational challenges.
- Communicate regularly by submitting activity and results reports including weekly call reports, work plans and pipeline status reports.
- Continuously demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of all RMJT products and services.
- Work within and maintain accurate customer records using RMJT’s CRM and Marketing platform.
- Work with customer service and fulfillment departments to ensure new customer accounts are properly implemented.
- Embody company Mission, Values and Goals (MVGs) and stand as an example by which all employees can embody.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Remain knowledgeable in areas that influence customer purchasing such as changes in the industry, market, economy, technology, society, culture, and government.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience in the telematics industry preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience selling into government fleets.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in working with CRM platforms.
- Minimum 2 year of outbound call experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to quickly build relationships with prospects and customers.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with growing company policies and procedures.
- Experience in developing, planning and implementing a sales strategy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Skills.
- Technical sales skills.
Key Competencies of the Inside Sales Representative:
- Positive, motivating, entrepreneurial, self-motivated, takes initiative, organized, passion for team success, innovative, resilient, patient, confident