Location: Lafayette, CO 80026
Employee Type: Full-Time
Manages Others: No
Job Type: Engineering/Drafting/Design
Education: Bachelor of Science, Engineering or Related Field
Experience: 3 to 5 years
Travel: Negligible but possible
Relocation Covered: No
RMI Laser LLC. is seeking a Mechanical Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to design and produce technical drawings, parts and/or assemblies from engineering specifications and details.
Prepares clear, complete and accurate technical drawings and 3D models for production from rough or detailed sketches and or parts, calculations, specifications and /or models. Organizes and maintains completed engineering data and drawings. BOM creation and maintenance will also be required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
* Makes final drawings of parts, assemblies or sub-assemblies, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
* Utilizes knowledge of various drafting and technical practices.
* Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired.
* Updates existing drawings to reflect changes or drawing format.
* Draws finished designs from parts or 3D models.
* Creates 3D models based on information provided.
* Uses SolidWorks CAD software to complete drawings/models.
* Creates PFD drawings and specifications for production and manufacturing.
* Interacts with various departments including manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, and accounting.
* Other technical duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Analytical -- Basic understanding of metal structures, machining and various fabrication techniques.
* Design -- Basic design skills. Designs and specifications typically provided by engineering staff.
* Problem Solving -- Able to solve problems regarding technical data and information as it pertains to drawings.
* Project Management -- Completes multiple assigned tasks through use of time management.
* Technical Skills -- Very Strong 3D modeling and drafting techniques in Solidworks is mandatory. Knowledgeable in AutoCAD is also desirable. Ability to produce complete drawings and provide technical information based of specifications provided.
* BOM generation is required. Also knowledge of MAS200 or similar is helpful.
* Minimum of Bachelor of Science from a 4 year college or technical school.
* Three to five years related experience.
This is a full-time position with benefits available at 90-days employment. EEO M/F/D/V