RMI Laser, LLC. seeks an electrical engineer to design, build, and test electronics for its various laser systems.
The ideal candidate will be a high energy, detail-oriented perfectionist who enjoys learning on the job and making valuable contributions to our small, cross-functional technology team of scientists and engineers.
· Work with a small team engineers to develop and troubleshoot electronics for products and programs.
· Create simple enclosures, accessories, and cable drawings, BOMs etc.
· Work closely with our technology team to sources parts, recheck specifications, and designs for future and legacy projects.
· Communicate clearly as technical support for a variety of departments such as Customer Service, Sales, Custom, and Engineering.
· Take on a variety of small tasks on an add-needed basis for special projects which might include board analysis or troubleshooting.
· Work closely with the product development team to generate hardware requirements, produce documentation, perform design reviews, and create test plans.
Has worked with or has experience in….
Digital discrete interfacing and high-speed serial protocols.
Interfacing FPGA’s and MCU’s with digital peripherals.
Designing for high EMI environments.
OrCAD Schematic and Layout.
C/C++ (native code in C and Assembly (+))
B.S. in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
5-10 years of experience is required.
Experience building and testing electronics circuits, including working with soldering stations, oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyzers, and multi-meters.
U.S. citizen or permanent resident