Prep Cook at Huntress
- Posted: November 18, 2021
- $18 to $20 Hourly
Responsible for the daily execution of all culinary operations located at 376 5th LLC . The Prep cook will assist all chefs in preparing food and take on culinary tasks as needed. The job requires physical endurance as well as mental determination and involves working in a high-volume atmosphere.
Type: Hourly, Full Time
Pay scale: $18.00-$20.00/hr
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare food prep lists and production of food preparation and service
- Monitor stations to ensure proper quality, temperature and freshness of products
- Maintain all production pars
- Ensure all served food meets Company and health quality standards
- Prepare and measure all ingredients and specialty items as directed by the Executive Chef
- Communicate daily with the Sous Chefs and CDC regarding product specification
- Maintains portion control by adhering to all weights and measures
- Track ingredient quantities and ensures there’s a completed tasks list and prep list
- Supervises food temperature to ensure appropriate temperature for ingredients
- Clean and sanitize the working surfaces, tools and equipment
- Monitor and abide by efforts to eliminate food waste
- Maintain and use all manuals and guides including but not limited to:
- menu guide, menu book, prep book, inventory, plate presentations, menu items, recipe books, photo books of new items, kitchen SOP bible.
- Monitor and use par sheets and maintenance logs for kitchen equipment,
- Prepare menu and order supplies as directed by the Executive Chef
- Remain in compliance with mandatory management trainings, including sexual harassment training and workplace safety training
- Follow all company procedures
- Other job duties as assigned
- At least 2 years’ experience with extensive knowledge in restaurant, hotel, and private parties
Skills and Attitudes:
- Must be motivated, hard-working, and passionate
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- Prioritize and organize
- Be a clear thinker, remain calm, and resolve problems using good judgment
- Understand guest service needs
- Work cohesively as a team with co-workers
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Understands and follows written direction
- Must be comfortable learning new skills
- Possess strong mathematical skills and can covert recipes from standard to grams
- Learns new recipes and new procedures rapidly
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- San Diego County Food Handlers Card (must be obtained within 30 days of employment).
- Serve safe certificate preferred.
- Anti-harassment and nondiscrimination 1-hour class.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to sit for up to 6 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds safely and properly
- Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work holidays, nights, and weekend
Huntress is the most adventurous and energetic modern steakhouse in downtown San Diego, offering the finest cuts of meat, one of the largest collections of Japanese whisky brands in California, and a contemporary, lively atmosphere where music elevates every dish. Huntress provides an alluring experience to provoke your primal instinct, capture your senses and charm your evening.
ABOUT RMD Group
RMD Group was formed by three partners who had a passion for hospitality and creating unforgettable experiences. For over a decade, RMD has been a driving force in the industry, creating some of San Diego’s most successful and exciting concepts including Rustic Root, Huntress, Lumi, Side Bar and FLUXX. In addition, the group works with a thriving portfolio of hospitality and lifestyle concepts that include Ballast Point Brewing and Hard Rock Hotel’s Float and 207. RMD brings extensive expertise in all areas of consulting including design, development, and management, plus a talented team of industry leaders that continue to elevate guest and client experience in San Diego and beyond.
AddressSan Diego, CA
FoodView all jobs at RMD Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?