Line Cook at Huntress
- Posted: March 07, 2021
- $18 to $21 Hourly
Responsible for the daily execution of all culinary operations located at 376 5th LLC . The line cook will assist all chefs in preparing food and perform other culinary tasks as needed. The job requires physical endurance as well as mental determination and involves working in a high-volume atmosphere.
Type: Hourly, Full Time
Pay scale: $18.50-$21.00
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in kitchen set up prior to restaurant opening
- Monitor stations to ensure proper quality, temperature and freshness of products
- Maintain all production pars
- Ensure all served food meets Company and health quality standards
- Prepare all specialty items as directed by the Executive Chef, CDC, Sous chef
- Communicate daily with the Executive Chef, CDC, Sous chef regarding product specification and execution
- Sets up and prepare food items for assigned station.
- Works quickly and efficiently to ensure food is plated at the same time on the line
- Assists other line cooks as needed
- Prepare assigned portion to be plated meal as assigned by chefs.
- Assemble dishes and provide garnishment
- Monitor and abide by efforts to eliminate food waste
- Maintain clean and sanitary conditions
- Properly store unused items and shuts off all equipment as the end of the shift
- Participates in cleaning kitchen before closing the restaurant
- Maintain all procedural manuals and guides including but not limited to:
- menu guide, menu book, prep book, inventory, plate presentations, menu items, recipe books, photo books of new items, kitchen SOP booklet
- Remain in compliance with mandatory trainings, including sexual harassment training and workplace safety training
- Follow all company procedures
- Other job duties as assigned
- At least 3+ years’ experience with knowledge in restaurant, hotels, and private parties
Skills and Attitudes:
- Must be motivated, hard-working, and passionate
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- Prioritize and organize
- Be a clear thinker, remain calm, and resolve problems using good judgment
- Follow directions thoroughly
- Understand guest service needs
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Works cooperatively in a team environment
- Must be comfortable learning new skills
- Uses critical thinking reasoning skills to solve problems quickly
- Manages time effectively
- Learns new recipes and new procedures rapidly
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- San Diego County Food Handlers Card (must be obtained within 30 days of employment). Serve safe certificate preferred.
- Anti-harassment and nondiscrimination 1-hour class
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time
- Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds safely and properly
- Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work holidays, nights, and weekend
Huntress is the most adventurous and energetic modern steakhouse in downtown San Diego, offering the finest cuts of meat, one of the largest collections of Japanese whisky brands in California, and a contemporary, lively atmosphere where music elevates every dish. Huntress provides an alluring experience to provoke your primal instinct, capture your senses and charm your evening.
ABOUT RMD Group
RMD Group was formed by three partners who had a passion for hospitality and creating unforgettable experiences. For over a decade, RMD has been a driving force in the industry, creating some of San Diego’s most successful and exciting concepts including Rustic Root, Huntress, Lumi, Side Bar and FLUXX. In addition, the group works with a thriving portfolio of hospitality and lifestyle concepts that include Ballast Point Brewing and Hard Rock Hotel’s Float and 207. RMD brings extensive expertise in all areas of consulting including design, development, and management, plus a talented team of industry leaders that continue to elevate guest and client experience in San Diego and beyond.
AddressSan Diego, CA
FoodView all jobs at RMD Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?