Project Engineer - Entry Level
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Project Engineer provides direction and oversight for the day-to-day operations of all assigned project activities within the company. The primary responsibility is to ensure the technical integrity of projects including compliance with the project scope, project specifications, accepted good engineering practices, project schedule, and overall allocated budget. This position requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in the coordination of the various aspects of a project operation. In general, the Project Engineer, with the assistance of the Project Team, coordinates all project activities to ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met. Under the direction of the Project Manager or President of the company, the Project Engineer is expected to take on any/all tasks in the quest to learn all he can about construction.
In addition, the Project Engineer actively gathers information on the status of the project and works cooperatively as a team member with other Project Team members (including Foreman and Superintendent), as well as prime contractors, project architect and engineers, and project managers.
- Review plans and architectural drawings; prepare quantity take-offs on assigned projects.
- Ability to read and understand bidding documents (e.g., drawings, specification & scope of work assist in developing and updating the project schedule).
- Process/manage material deliveries – ensure that materials received are properly inspected for quantity and quality and are in compliance with contract documents.
- Review project plans and specifications and coordinate with the team to confirm complete scope.
- Coordinate and schedule shop drawings and submittals.
- Provide change order estimates
- Submit RFIs to vendors for assigned projects, includes leveling bids
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously each from $100k to over $5 million
- Monitor job progress and make necessary changes to meet goals
- Monitor job costs and complete Job Cost Projections
- Maintain a complete and current record of submittals, approvals and resubmittals, including a file of letters of transmittal and dates of each transaction.
- High level of involvement in the operations of our cost control system and analysis of construction costs.
- Accumulate all necessary data and prepare monthly pay estimates.
- Manage project schedules and budget
- Develop and manage design project scopes of work
- Manage and update project status reports
- Schedule/coordinate the job progress meetings
- Plan for upcoming schedule milestone and target dates
- Read and create project schedules
- Process and estimate change orders and requests for information as directed by the Project Manager.
- Strong project management, communication and multitask skills
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Construction Management
- Strong computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Value Engineering
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Time management and organization skills
- Ability to “think on your feet” and to respond to critical deadlines
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- This is an entry-level position. We are willing to train the right person.
- Transit experience is a plus
- Ability to meet critical project deadlines.
- Willingness to coordinate and work as a team member.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and computer skills
- Ability to make decisions, work independently and coordinate with colleagues.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Highly proficient in selected software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- A College degree in Electrical Engineering would be preferred, Construction Management, or other related field and/or equivalent years’ industry experience.
Advantages to Working at RMD Electric
- Over 10 Years Owned and Operated
- Job training and mentorship
- Supportive Management Team
- Emphasis on professional development, employee satisfaction and work-life balance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive benefits
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Merit Based Bonus
- 401(k) match
- Medical Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Union shop
RMD Electric Corp.Why Work Here?
The work environment is fun, casual, and collaborative. generous benefits package, paid time off and 401-K plan with company match.
RMD Electric Corp. is an electrical contractor with over 10 years of experience in meeting the needs of our customers and is fully committed to giving our diverse New York City and Long Island clienteles prompt, consistently top quality electrical work designed to meet and exceed industry standards for safety and efficiency, regardless of the size or scale of the electrical work you need done. RMD Electric has successfully created an organization that values a working environment that embraces learning, transparency, and strong ethical behavior. At RMD Electric we believe that our greatest asset is our people and we are committed to establishing a structure for professionals to advance their careers. If you are looking to be a part of an inspiring, energetic and entrepreneurial environment, you found the right place.
635 Nassau RoadUniondale, NY