- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience: Programming Experience. Some SCADA/PLC experience a plus but willing to train the right candidate
- Travel: In-state travel with occasional out-of-state travel
RMC Engineering is seeking an Electrical Engineer educated and trained in electrical or computer engineering. In this position, the Electrical Engineer will perform a broad variety of unique and challenging electrical and controls engineering projects throughout Alaska. This position provides for ample opportunity for growth and to gain practical engineering experience working with private and public sector clients. Ideal candidate should be capable of working individually as well as part of a team and interacting professionally with clients. Recent or soon-to-be graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Assist on large and small projects of varying complexity.
- Evaluate, design, engineer, and maintain industrial control systems.
- Program PLC, SCADA, and database systems.
- Prepare and revise documentation, such as diagrams, schematics, and details.
- Assist with project coordination and professionally interact with clients, project partners, and vendors.
- Assist preparation of reports and other technical documentation.
- Commission systems across Alaska.
About RMC Engineering
RMC Engineering is a small engineering firm based in Juneau, Alaska. RMC Engineering was formed in 2014 with the vision of providing premier electrical and controls engineering services to the Alaskan industrial marketplace. Primary service industries include: water and wastewater, switchgear and power systems, seafood processing, mining, oil and gas. In addition to providing interesting and challenging work, RMC makes employee well-being a priority. We offer a relaxed environment, flexible schedules, as well as other benefits and we strive to make RMC a fun place work.
About Living in Juneau
Small-town charm and famous Alaska adventure awaits you in Juneau. Surrounded by mountains in the heart of the Tongass National Forest, Juneau has plenty to offer including glaciers and ocean, boating, hockey, trail running, and more. While only accessible by plane or ferry, it’s just a short flight to either Anchorage or Seattle if you are looking for the nearest big city. Juneau is known for mild winters, comfortable summers, and healthy rainfall.