Full-Charge Bookkeeper and Payroll Preparer
- Posted: over a month ago
Local CPA firm currently has an opening for a payroll processor/bookkeeper that has experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, sales tax returns, payroll, and payroll tax returns.
The primary responsibilities include processing payroll and tax payments on behalf of multiple clients, managing and updating payroll changes, terminations, benefit withholdings and garnishments. Detecting and reconciling issues related to payroll and payroll tax payments. Filing quarterly payroll tax returns. Entering and maintaining accounting data in QuickBooks for various clients. Account reconciliations in QuickBooks, entering journal entries, sales tax filings, and generating 1099s/W-2s.
Qualified candidates must have:
- At least 2+ years’ experience in processing payroll
- Fundamental Payroll Certification or Certified Payroll Profession preferred
- Understanding of current regulations, taxation of wages, deductions and more
- Demonstrated experience in filing quarterly payroll tax returns
- 2+ years experience with accounting software (QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online experience preferred)
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping, AP, AR, account reconciliations, journal entries and financial statements is imperative
- Experience with financial statement preparation and year-end close
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple assignments
- Manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to grasp new concepts and systems quickly
- Previous CPA firm experience preferred
We are not your traditional CPA firm. We have a great team-oriented environment with an amazing work life balance. The successful candidate will be provided an excellent growth opportunity to develop their accounting and consulting skills. This is a great career position with benefits. Starting salaries are competitive for Bookkeeper's in the Northern Colorado/Wyoming market.
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
Please submit resume and cover letter. All inquiries kept in strict confidence.
Please no recruiters, employment agencies, or other sales calls. We will only respond to qualified candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?