Prepare, perform, analyze and review actuarial analysis. Responsible for the collection of data, selection of parameters, and calculations involved with conducting actuarial analysis. Evaluate profitability of products and recommend corrective action and/or identify growth opportunities. Act as a steward of data quality by discovering and discussing data anomalies and issues with underwriting, claims, branch support, accounting, and IT.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates good actuarial judgment and reasonableness, and makes few errors in judgment and algorithms
- Works independently on most projects
- Communicates well with Associates inside/outside the Actuarial Department
- Demonstrates an understanding of the larger, contextual framework from which to make well-balanced decisions
- Regularly offers ideas for enhanced actuarial analysis
- Ability to use analytical methods in actuarial processes to find workable solutions
- Ability to extract data from IT databases and identify data anomalies and issues
- Ability to generate innovative solutions within the Risk Services department
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations to internal and external contacts on Risk Services matters
- Ability to use software to summarize and analyze large amounts of data
- Ability to apply a strategic perspective to improve risk services functions
- Results orientated
- Ability to make good business judgments based on sound actuarial analysis
Requires a bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or a related field, and 5 years of experience or 3 actuarial exams completed.