Technical Development Program Manager #1207 (Vancouver, WA)
RLA Engineering LLC Vancouver, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Working on projects of diverse complexity and scope, the Technical Development Program Manager is responsible for applying subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues within established guidelines, and recommending appropriate alternatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technically competent in integration of high-tech consumer products and electro-mechanical devices.
- Partner with internal and external parties to develop and manage product schedule.
- Rigor understanding dependencies and development of project scope.
- Work with teams across multiple locations and with diverse cultures.
- Ensure the decision-making process for escalated project issues is effective and rapid.
- Respond rapidly to escalated issues.
- Own the wider implications of any business change from an organizational perspective.
- Monitor progress of the project in line with the client needs.
- Ensure collaboration across client business areas where possible.
- Ensure business resources are available as needed.
- Promote the translation of the business vision into working practice.
- Communicate with senior management and the project leadership (Business Sponsor, project board, steering committee, etc.) with the frequency and formality that they deem necessary.
- High-level project planning and scheduling; may include detailed task planning.
- Monitor progress against the baselined project plans.
- Managing risk and any issues as they arise, escalating to senior business or technical roles as required.
- Manage the overall configuration of the project.
- Motivate the teams to meet their objectives.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’ degree in an Engineering discipline; master’s degree preferred (engineering or business administration)
- 5+ years’ experience in Project Management
- Experience in new product development and vendor management
- Experience working in R&D/proto/manufacturing environments
- Ability to apply judgment to resolve conflicting requirements
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of Hewlett-Packard’s Product Development Process
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution
- Ability to provide direction to team activities and to facilitate information validation and team decision making process
- Ability to handle unique situations and complex business issues
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to effectively inform and present ideas confidently and persuasively to peers and managers
- Ability to meet the eligibility requirements for working in the US
- Strong computer skills that include proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio), and SharePoint
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the duties of the position.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This role may use standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
RLA Engineering specializes in providing engineering, technician and project management talent to some of the leading companies in the Consumer, High Tech and Oil & Gas industries. We are currently looking for an individual to join our Managed Services team, working on-site and integrating into our client’s team.
RLA Engineering LLC
About RLA Engineering RLA Engineering specializes in providing engineering, technician and project management talent to some of the leading companies in the Consumer, High Tech and Oil & Gas industries. We are currently looking for an individual to join our Managed Services team, working on-site and integrating into our client’s team.