The Packaging Engineer designs, qualifies, and releases tooling and associated processes related to packaging of inkjet supplies. Work is performed through collaboration with R&D systems engineering, product engineering, manufacturing, suppliers and the new product introduction program management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop packaging processes and production tooling with associated part data tracking based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develop and implement test plans for new and/or existing processes and tooling.
- Partner with third party suppliers to specify requirements and procure additional tooling.
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding packaging process status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Work within a project team of internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high-quality solutions for moderately complex products.
- Represent manufacturing team for all phases of packaging development projects.
- Act as team or project leader providing direction to team as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, Process or Mechanical Engineering; master’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience as a packaging engineer
- Experience in tooling and process design
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Packaging Engineering: design, testing, materials, cost analysis, package specifications
- Proficiency using ProEngineer or other 3D CAD software as a design tool
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding and experience in electronics packaging
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and select solutions
- Ability to handle unique situations
- Ability to project manage and collaborate as a member of a team
- Strong computer skills that include proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Project, Visio, SharePoint, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
RLA Engineering specializes in providing engineering, technician and project management talent to some of the leading companies in the Consumer, High Tech and Oil & Gas industries. We are currently looking for an individual to join our Managed Services team, working on-site and integrating into our client’s team.
RLA Engineering LLCAbout RLA Engineering RLA Engineering specializes in providing engineering, technician and project management talent to some of the leading companies in the Consumer, High Tech and Oil & Gas industries. We are currently looking for an individual to join our Managed Services team, working on-site and integrating into our client’s team.