- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***Position is in Boise, Idaho ****
Working on projects of diverse complexity and scope, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for applying subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues within established guidelines, and recommending appropriate alternatives in the following area: printed circuit board design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schematic capture; all design work is to be completed in Cadence tools.
- Circuit design and analysis, including power analysis.
- Board layout consulting with active involvement in PCB design to optimize part layout, trace routing, EMI performance, etc.; all design work is to be completed in Cadence tools.
- Analysis of design margin.
- Document design intents.
- Test designs, including power usage and signal integrity.
- Manage build of designs at outside build house, or coordinate with in-house technician to build (for small boards)
- Manage defects: triage defects to find root cause, design and implement solutions for each subsequent build, validate solutions through testing, and manage until closure via in-house tracking system
- Create material list.
- Support Current Product Engineering.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BSEE or equivalent; MSEE desired
- 5 years’ experience in printed circuit board design for LaserJet printers
- Experience in analog and digital circuit design, power measurement, EMI, and ESD
- Experience working with Cadence tools for circuit design
- Experience working in R&D environments
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and work in an ambiguous setting, requiring little direction
- Ability to apply judgment to resolve conflicting requirements
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently; demonstrated organization, problem-solving, project planning, and time management skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment, or independently; strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively inform and present ideas confidently and persuasively to peers and managers
- Ability to take initiative to ask questions, ask for help, or provide updates, without reluctance
- Ability to meet the eligibility requirements for working in the US without RLA sponsorship for employment visa status
- Strong computer skills that include proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio), and SharePoint
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the duties of the position.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This role may use standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
RLA Engineering specializes in providing engineering, technician and project management talent to some of the leading companies in the Consumer, High Tech and Oil & Gas industries. We are currently looking for an individual to join our Managed Services team, working on-site and integrating into our client’s team.
RLA Engineering LLC
About RLA Engineering RLA Engineering specializes in providing engineering, technician and project management talent to some of the leading companies in the Consumer, High Tech and Oil & Gas industries. We are currently looking for an individual to join our Managed Services team, working on-site and integrating into our client’s team.