Senior Hardware Design Engineer
RKI Instruments, Inc.
Union City, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Growing gas detection company seeks a well-rounded electrical engineer with strong embedded software and hardware design skills that will help us design our next generation of products. Job duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Generate PCB schematics, PCB design and/or supervise PCB design
- Work closely with other departments (mechanical, software, production, etc.) to support ongoing design tasks and projects; coordinate efforts as needed to achieve project deadlines
- Generate technical drawings and bills of material
- Troubleshoot and support existing product lines, as needed
- Other tasks to be assigned, as needed
- BSEE required
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in hardware instrumentation design
- Proficiency with Altium Designer required
- Familiar with board bring up and lab environment
- Strong understanding of digital circuit design and theories
- Strong knowledge of digital system including a high-level understanding of how microprocessors, power conversion, control circuits, and high-speed data/clock lines operate
- Solid understanding of electronic circuits and overall interface protocols as a background for board level understanding
- Mixed signal electronics design for industrial systems with microcontrollers interfaced to LCD’s
- Working knowledge of embedded firmware for microcontrollers like STM32F4, ATSAME70, legacy PSoC, and ARM platforms in C & C++
- Experience with embedded firmware for 8 and 32-bit platforms
- Proficient with small signal analog design
- Proficient in grounding techniques, noise shielding, and EMI attenuation
- Experience designing PCB’s that were part of products submitted to approval agencies like CSA, UL, and European Notified Bodies for intrinsic safety or explosion proof evaluation
- Optical Experience a plus
Compensation is dependent on experience. We offer competitive salaries, 401K program, and a stimulating work environment.
RKI Instruments, Inc., an innovative gas detection company located in Union City, CA.
RKI Instruments, Inc.
33248 Central AvenueUnion City, CA
Get fresh Embedded Hardware jobs daily straight to your inbox!