- Expired: January 30, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
RKI Instruments, Inc. is an innovative gas detection company that is currently seeking a purchaser. The Purchaser is responsible for purchasing products and materials for the company according to the procedures in the company’s quality system. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and previous purchasing experience. RKI offers a competitive salary, medical benefits, 401K and profit sharing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive verbal and written requisitions for materials and equipment from various departments.
- Solicit quotations from vendors. Review, analyze and present findings to management with emphasis on best economic value and defined company procurement objectives.
- Generate and distribute purchase orders through computerized purchasing system in accordance with established company procedures.
- Responsible for the tracking and expediting of all existing orders. Update and maintain scheduling in purchasing system.
- Review materials upon receipt for accuracy. Enter documentation into purchasing system.
- Log and record all invoices and purchasing orders and ensure conformance to company policies and QA standards
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries and shipping
- Coordinate and document supplier certificates of compliance.
- Perform additional duties as directed by Management.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- 2 + years minimum experience in a fast-paced business environment.
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- Drop Ship experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of procurement techniques, procedures, policies and accounting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others.
We offer a competitive salary, medical benefits, 401K and profit sharing. Please email your resume and salary requirements to the address indicated above.
RKI Instruments, Inc.
AddressUnion City, CA
BusinessView all jobs at RKI Instruments, Inc.