- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
RKF Engineering specializes in the design of next generation communication systems and software for today’s most advanced RF communication networks. Based in the Washington DC metro area, RKF is seeking exceptional engineers & developers to work in a dynamic team environment on an array of challenging problems.
Our firm is always seeking experienced and innovative engineers and developers a who are looking for an exciting challenge
Successful candidates will have familiarity in one or more of the following areas: communications theory, link budgets, electromagnetic theory, network architecture/protocols, RF design, antennas, wireless communications, signal processing, optimization & operations research, modeling & simulations. ACTIVE SECRET - PREVIOUSLY HELD ACTIVE SECRET OR ABILITY TO OBTAIN AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
• Lead and manage project development of large-scale enterprise systems with real-
time operational requirements, achieving project and customer success.
• Prepare project plans and coordinate completion of project deliverables from planning through
• Align activities and resources to achieve on-time and within-budget project delivery.
• Work closely with numerous customers, customer organizations, and partners.
• Monitor, manage, and report on the project's finances.
• Manage risks and make adjustments to ensure the project stays on track.
• Report to and present to senior management within the company and customer accounts.
• Support new business development activities.
• Developing, nurturing, and managing a diverse team of software and engineering professionals.
Must be able to:
• Work independently
• Solve organizational, team, delivery, and process problems
• Understand and lead the resolution to technical problems
• Lead and direct a highly technical, diversely skilled, and geographically dispersed team, (and
these days) virtual team
• Manage project financials, including P&L, cash flow, burn rate, EVM
• Work well in a team
• Establish strong, long-term working relationships with customers
Requirements Must have:
• Experience in large software development projects
• Experience in satellite industry
• Experience with Ground systems, terrestrial and communication systems
• Experience with dynamic, real-time systems and the unique requirements they impose
• Experience with technical systems with mathematical and engineering complexity
• Detailed agile software development process knowledge and experience
• Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite, the Google Suite, Jira, and project management tools
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Strong business acumen, with an ability to tie project progress to business goals and value
• Strong customer relationship management skills
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to develop, manage, and juggle a complex schedule,
many deliverables, and lots of parallel paths of activity
• Experience estimating and costing software development projects
• Experience authoring proposals, both technical and management content
• Experience preparing and presenting both technical and C-level management presentations
• Ideally trained in Agile
• PMP a Plus
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or Information Technology and 5+ years of experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (EOE/AA M/F/D/V/SO/GI)
RKF Engineering Solutions, LLCWhy Work Here?
Awesome Management team - wonderful team collaboration - management cares about employees' and their needs