Water Resources Engineer
Rk&k Lakeland, FL
- Expired: July 09, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
RK&K is hiring a Junior to Mid-Level Water Resources Engineer to join our successful and growing Lakeland, FL office.
As a Water Resources Engineer with RK&K your responsibilities will include drainage studies, storm drainage system design, flood studies, stormwater management, and erosion control design:
- Design and analysis of storm drainage systems
- Design and analysis of Stormwater Control Measures (SCMs)
- Design of Sediment and Erosion Control Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Preparation of environmental permit drawings
- Preparation of construction plans and specifications
- Floodplain analysis utilizing HEC-RAS software
- FEMA floodplain analysis and compliance
- Use of MicroStation and GEOPAK design software
- Design for FDOT, state, and municipal water resources projects
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- 4-year degree from an ABET accredited civil/environmental engineering program (or related program)
- 1-5 years of water resources design experience
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam
- Working knowledge of basic hydrologic and hydraulics principals
- Proficiency communicating technical information
- Able to work closely with other design disciplines to determine most practical solutions,
- Ability to learn MicroStation; Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
Preferred Skills, Education and Experience:
- HEC-RAS modeling experience
- Ability to assist with field/survey work when needed
- Previous experience with MicroStation and GEOPAK design software
- Experience with Florida Department of Transportation projects
What we offer:
This position affords you the opportunity to fully engage to solve complex problems, provide technical evaluation, and be an integral team member for the design and analysis of water resources projects.
RK&K offers a highly competitive salary based on experience and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid paternal leave, tuition reimbursement and training in addition to 3 weeks PTO and an attractive 401(k) plan with company match.
Our success is due to the hard work and dedication of our employees and this position, along with all RK&K opportunities, gives you the chance to continually expand your capabilities through hands on career development and various professional training, certification opportunities.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
RK&K maintains a drug-free workplace. Employees of RK&K are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana.
RK&K ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information, require special assistance for persons with disabilities, or limited English proficiency, you may contact Human Resources at (410)728-2900.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Rk&k