The Washington, DC office of one of the world’s leading and largest intellectual property law firms, has a temporary to permanent opportunity for a Marketing and Business Development Coordinator. Under the direction of the Senior Marketing Manager and the Chief Marketing Officer, the Marketing and Business Development Coordinator will assist with the development, tracking, review, reporting, and analysis of the firm’s matter experience management to assist with marketing and business development efforts.
- Review the new matter report and outside resources (such as Docket Navigator/Compass) for district court, ITC, appellate, PTAB, and trademark/copyright-related cases to identify new cases and those with significant developments to be updated in Experience daily.
- As needed, respond to attorney requests for the firm’s experience in front of courts; judges; matters involving specific firms, technologies, attorneys, among other things. Report and provide analysis with the information provided. Track requests in InterAction.
- Update ongoing PTAB statistics in Word document stored in NetDocuments.
- Review CAFC Daily Disposition email message to identify significant developments in the firm’s related cases to be updated in Experience daily.
- Add to Experience case-related media mentions, victory emails, representative engagement summaries, and survey summaries.
- On a weekly basis, review cases opened and closed for the past week in Docket Navigator and update in Experience.
- On a weekly basis, provide a report of the firm’s newly filed cases to the Litigation Section chair.
- On a monthly basis, review significant activities from the past month and update in Experience.
- On a quarterly basis, review and update cases identified by the Experience Team in the end-of-month report circulated on district court, ITC, PTAB, and appellate activities. Manage review schedule and distribution of quarterly reports to the Litigation Section chair.
- Update the annual practice statistics stored in NetDocuments and linked to the Marketing SharePoint/intranet page, including patents filed and issued; trademarks filed and registered; and patent, trademark, trade secret, and copyright litigation.
- Work with the marketing manager on various Experience projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in a professional business environment
- Experience as a paralegal highly desired
- Experience with CRM, database programs, and document management systems
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be a team player
- Ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities
- Work well under pressure, meet frequent deadlines, and prioritize multiple tasks