IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST / MAC TECHNICIAN - SECRET CLEARANCE
A fast-growing technology consulting firm to the federal government is currently seeking an IT Support Specialist to join their team in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will possess an active DOD Secret Clearance and have at least 3 years of experience supporting both Mac and PC systems, performing general system administration, DNS administration, and supporting local area networks.
Responsibilities of the IT Support Specialist
- Provide support for primarily MAC OS but have knowledge in Linux and Windows systems
- Primary responsibility will be to troubleshoot MAC OS system (upgrade/troubleshooting), MAC IMAP email, software installation, software conflict and external connection issues
- Work to develop solutions to monitor performance, provide scaling capability, provide service desk ticket resolution, and improve the quality of service for DOD computing.
- Install hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises.
- Perform direct user support and issue resolution using a trouble ticket system.
- Load appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components, and office applications.
- Assist in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
- Provide telephone, in-person and remote/online support to end-users.
- Coordinate activities with other department level personnel
- Provide updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voicemail, email or in-person communication.
- Connect users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
- Administer cloud-based maintenance, exchange, and other application solutions.
- Assist in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies
- Install, configure, operate, test, troubleshoot, update, fix, replace, maintain, administer and optimize a variety of networked and stand-alone systems (PC & Mac).
- Monitor the networks and security devices for compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance regulations, apply software patches and updates and act upon Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) scan results.
- Provide Active Directory, PKI, and DNS administration for DOD assets
Requirements of the IT Support Specialist
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- At least 3 years of experience supporting both PC and Mac systems, performing general system administration, DNS administration, and supporting local area networks.
- Operational use and understanding of the MAC CLI and AppleScript for troubleshooting / customization issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent Certifications: Security+ (required) and MCP certification (preferred)
- Experience with various Windows OS environments
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Compensation for the IT Support Specialist
- Full-time Annual Salary: $70,000
- Employees will enjoy highly competitive pay and benefits packages, ranging from 100% company-paid healthcare for employees to generous 401(k) profit-sharing contributions to professional development and tuition reimbursement incentives.