Our client, a major federal contractor, seeks an eDiscovery Technical Advisor (ETA) to support a long-term contract at the FBI’s Office of General Counsel in Washington, DC. This position will provide professional eDiscovery Litigation Technical services designed to ensure a consistent, repeatable, and legally defensible process for identifying, preserving, collecting, processing and producing Electronically Stored Information (ESI) in response to discovery requests. ETAs serve as expert technical users of electronic discovery applications in use at the FBI to support OGC attorneys and paralegal specialists who are responsible for responding to requests related to civil and criminal matters, congressional inquiries, FOIA requests and other inquiries.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE eDISCOVERY TECHNICAL ADVISOR
- Provide expertise specifically in criminal discovery support to include identifying, preserving, collecting, processing, and producing ESI
- Serve as the expert technical user of current discovery applications, which include Enterprise Vault, Discovery Attender, Discovery Accelerator, and eDiscovery Platform (Clearwell)
- Collaborate with the litigation team to develop a discovery plan which documents the procedures for collection criteria (e.g., date range, key words and custodians), review and analysis criteria, and production protocols for specific matters and for development into standard operating procedures
- Analyze search/collection results for data gaps
- Manage case matter within an electronic discovery review and analysis platform (currently Enterprise Vault and eDiscovery Platform Clearwell) to include: creating cases; adding collected source data; handling user access rights; uploading data logs; de-duplicating collected source data; Identifying data gaps; merging/verifying data; and assuring electronic discovery production quality in bates numbering and load file creation
- Coordinate electronic discovery collection results with FBI units responsible for processing discovery for review/redaction/release
- Adhere to polices and technical procedures for use of available electronic discovery software
- Provide agency attorneys, paralegals, and other users of the FBI's electronic discovery review platform with training and other technical assistance
- Provide insight regarding the FBI's process for identifying, preserving, collecting, analyzing, and organizing ESI, including the use of electronic discovery software programs
- Collaborate with several teams to develop end-user training and standard operating procedures
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE eDISCOVERY TECHNICAL ADVISOR
- Must have a Top Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1+ years of experience as an eDiscovery Technical Advisor or in similar position.
- Experience with data collection, use of technology to facilitate civil and/or criminal Discovery, and familiarity with end-to-end lifecycle management of litigation support matters.
- Minimum 1-year experience using eDiscovery Platform Clearwell (or equivalent software) to perform Collection, Review & Analysis and Production of ESI.
- 1 year experience utilizing electronic discovery software applications to collect data from various FBI storage locations on FBI IT systems (e.g., MS-Exchange servers, shared drives, desktops) in accordance with the discovery plan, to support OGC attorneys and paralegal specialists who are responsible for responding to pre-trial discovery motions, requests, subpoenas related to civil and criminal matters, congressional inquiries, FOIA requests and other inquiries.
- Experience translating legal requirements to technical requirements.
- Experience with IT networks such as MS Exchange, file servers and SharePoint, and demonstrated abilities to evaluate query audit and server logs for errors.
- Knowledge of, or demonstrated interest and aptitude for learning, legal framework that defines civil and/or criminal electronic discovery practices.
COMPENSATION FOR THE eDISCOVERY TECHNICAL ADVISOR
- Full-time Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Employees will enjoy highly competitive pay and benefits packages, ranging from company-subsidized healthcare to generous 401(k) profit-sharing contributions to professional development and tuition reimbursement incentives.