Our client, a major membership-based organization, seeks a Copywriter to join their team for a 12-month contract assignment in Washington, DC. The States Copywriter is responsible for creating content -- writing, producing and editing -- for digital, print and other platforms to support the production of an outstanding and authoritative website, print publications, apps, videos and more.
Note: Writing samples will be required.
- Plans, reports, writes and produces evergreen core content on topics of interest to the Boomers and Seniors demographic including financial resilience and retirement planning, work and jobs, caregiving, health, politics and policy, scams and fraud and more, focusing on state-specific content for our 53 state and territory websites, often with tight deadlines.
- Collaborates with teams across the organization, including state offices, government affairs, research, digital strategy and membership, communications and others, ensuring content is coordinated and aligned with organizational priorities and messaging.
- Collaborates with Video, Social, Print Publications, and Producers, to make high-impact content.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of a wide variety of subjects important to organization’s demographic and applies knowledge to contribute appropriate, effective, and meaningful content.
- Keeps knowledgeable of changing best practices for digital content, including of competitive web content producers and the way they develop content.
- Occasionally assigns and edits stories, with a focus on news and news you can use, working with internal and freelance writers.
- Collaborates to brainstorm unique ideas creatively and enthusiastically.
- Constantly offers new, creative well-thought-out ideas for content and content development.
- Develops and maintains deep knowledge of the organization’s priorities, social mission and goals.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in copywriting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity with adhering to editorial style guides.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills with the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment, juggling multiple competing deadlines.
RJM Technologies, Inc.
Why Work Here?Premiere provider of talent to major organizations.
Great people with great values and great ethics.