Director of Transportation
Build your career with RJ Schinner, a growing, family-owned wholesale redistributor with over 70 years of success. We have 20 distribution centers throughout the US, 600+ employees, and provide disposable paper, cleaning, and food service packaging products to distributors in 48 states.
Headquartered in Menomonee Falls, WI, RJ Schinner is a well-established company started in 1951. RJ Schinner currently ranks as the 47th most successful private company on Deloitte’s 2022 Wisconsin 75 and has also been recognized through BizTimes’ Future 50 Program as one of the fastest growing privately-owned companies in southeastern Wisconsin.”
Director of Transportation Summary
The Director of Transportation will partner with the Sr. Director of Warehousing and collaborate with Operations, Sales, Purchasing, Category, Finance, IT, HR/Safety and other functional areas of the business to best service R.J. Schinner customers. This role will manage a rapidly growing fleet and logistics/transportation team to help support business growth. This includes, but is not limited to, oversight with transportation operations, routing, fleet, technology, budgets, equipment, people, vendors, and compliance/safety.
Director of Transportation Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Employer paid life and short-term disability insurance
- PTO, paid holidays and paid leave program
- Internal advancement opportunity
- Up-to-date technology and operations equipment
- Regular Employee Appreciation events
- Employee pricing program on RJ Schinner sold products
- And much more
Director of Transportation Duties
- Improve and drive the logistic-related elements of the business
- Oversee the Transportation team, and partner with other business functions, to design, develop and manage transportation operations
- Establish, rollout, and administer transportation policies, processes and technologies to achieve people, quality, productivity and budgetary objectives
- Management of the department budget
- Escalation point for day-to-day activities and troubleshooting issues
- Oversight of carrier network to support the business operations including but not limited to managing relationships, establishing scorecards / KPIs, and effectively managing costs and performance
- Consistently evaluate and develop the organization’s logistics operation business practices
- Enhance standardized metrics, tools and processes to continuously improve transportation sourcing, supplier performance, cost controls, and forecasting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree; business or transportation-related field preferred
- Minimum 10 years progressive transportation experience with a minimum 5 years at a leadership level
- Prior experience with oversight of company-owned trucks (100+), CLD Class A Drivers (100+), routing software, and extensive vendor relationships with 3PL services
- Technical and applied understanding of logistics software and WMS
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to meet constant deadlines
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize large-picture projects, with ability to foresee and address challenges
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and work cross-functionally with varying organizational levels
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to develop creative solutions to unique challenges
- Must be analytical and data-driven
R.J. Schinner Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire and promote for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, or veteran status. All terms and conditions of employment are administered on the basis of equality.
RJ Schinner CoMenomonee Falls, WI
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.