Purpose of Job – A skilled laborer at R J Haynie & Associates, Inc. performs important physical work at highway infrastructure projects and electrical contract locations. Some tasks can be learned quickly, while others require considerable experience. The skilled laborer is a key component of a “Team” that works both efficiently and professionally in completing projects on time. Physical strength, the flexibility to interact with diverse craft workers, and the ability to work in hot or cold weather conditions are key traits of a skilled laborer. All of these components result in a laborer that contributes value added skills to his “Team” and to each project that RJH is managing.
Duties of position: The job duties of a skilled laborer at RJH vary. They may include cleaning and preparing a job site, loading and delivering materials, and using a variety of tools and machines. These could include power drills, grinders, saws, and pressure washers. They might even assemble and disassemble reinforcement braces, concrete forms, and temporary structures. They carry a variety of items, while using shovels to dig holes and smooth terrain. At road construction sites, they might control traffic flow. This might include setting up markers, cones and barricades, and flagging vehicles.
Training: Skilled Laborers receive on –the- job training beginning with easy tasks such as cleaning construction sites and carrying materials. As time with the company progresses, a laborer will learn more complicated tasks. These could include studying about safety modules, building materials, electrical safety, introduction to concrete, hand and power tools, and other construction related topics.
• Ability to be “Team” player
• Physical strength/endurance
• Knowledge of basic construction terminology
• Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
• Ability to do a variety of jobs
• Ability to be a self- starter with strong initiative
• Take direction and anticipate the needs of the crew
• Be available for overnight travel within the state of Georgia
• Ability to pass motor vehicle check so that applicant can drive company trucks
• Minimum of high school degree and at least eighteen years of age.
Salary: Competitive with market rates
Equal Opportunity Employer