Rise Up For Youth inspires and motivates the next generation to unlock their full potential through education, mentoring, and empowerment. Through our signature programs, we provide champions to our youth to help empower our students to become leaders and successful adults. Through our unique approach, we believe we can strategically reach students to create change in our community. Rise Up For Youth was founded off the vision of founders who still provide key leverage in advancing the mission of Rise Up For Youth.
Rise Up For Youth is seeking a full-time Director of Programs in Wichita, KS. The director will utilize the organizations vision to impact the lives of youth in our community. Through leadership and collaboration, this position will work alongside key staff to double the capacity of Rise Up For Youth to have further impact the lives of those we serve.
The director will continue to guide and advance the organization in effective and high quality program development. The director will hire, develop, and manage program champions to ensure they are prepared to serve within the schools we operate. The director will oversee a team of four full-time youth champions who act as mentors within the schools we serve.
In addition to managing program champions, the director will guide the measurement of impact within our programs to effectively make decisions, manage funding outcomes, and ensure program delivery is consistent between sites served. The director will work alongside the leadership team to establish any new program functions or make decisions that positively change the direction of the programs to better the lives of the youth we serve.
If you are an experienced leader looking to work collaboratively with internal teams and external stakeholders to enrich the lives of the youth and the community we serve, the Director of Programs job at Rise Up For Youth may be an exciting role for you. This position is a newly created position in growing organization.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Utilize Rise Up For Youth’s vision and strategy to strengthen and improve programs
- Effectively manage a program team to create positive outcomes for the youth we serve while providing consistent mentors who can build long term relationships with youth
- Develop staff through proper training and management
- Increase collaboration amongst programs to increase efficiency and further develop sustainability of programs
- Work with internal teams and stakeholders to design, develop, and deliver best practices strategies and program plans while identifying gaps and implement solutions
- Work with community partners to identify collaboration opportunities
- Direct qualitative and quantitative research and data gathering and identify key themes, trends, and opportunities
- Ensure competency in project and financial management, management of teams, youth development, and program strategy
- Plan and manage programs to meet the mission and vision of the organization
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Commitment to the mission, values, and vision that inform Rise Up For Youth’s work
- 5+ years of related experience in mission delivery or program management experience and a bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience with management, process improvement, strategy, human capital consulting, leadership, talent development and learning, or program development
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Budget analysis and development
- Proven ability to deliver project outcomes
- Skill in building relationships and relating to external audiences
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
· PTO and Holiday Pay
· Simple IRA – up to 3% salary match
· Health and vision benefits