Software Ecosystem Manager, RISC-V
- Posted: over a month ago
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history.
Today, the Linux Foundation has over 2,000 corporate members from over 41 countries, including every single one the Fortune 100. The Linux Foundation has proudly created over $54B in shared technology value since inception. We’re growing at a phenomenal rate and we’re looking for top marketer’s to join our growing team.
This role is dedicated to RISC-V International, a stand alone open standards collaboration organization.
RISC-V is a free and open ISA enabling a new era of processor innovation through open standard collaboration. RISC-V International comprises more than 2,400 members building the first open, collaborative community of software and hardware innovators powering an open era of processor innovation. The RISC-V ISA delivers a new level of free, extensible software and modular hardware, paving the way for the next 50 years of open computing design freedom and innovation.
RISC-V International, a non-profit organization controlled by its members, directs the future development and drives the adoption of the RISC-V ISA. Members of RISC-V International have access to and participate in the development of the RISC-V ISA specifications and related ecosystem.
To learn more about RISC-V, please visit: www.riscv.orgJob Description
RISC-V International is looking for a Software Ecosystem Manager to help us develop and execute a strategy for enabling independent software vendors (ISVs) to port and optimize for RISC-V. This role involves coordinating, prioritizing, and reporting out on Open Source projects including tools, operating systems, hypervisors, runtimes, databases, libraries, etc.
The RISC-V Software Ecosystem Manager works with the RISC-V CTO, ISVs, Open Source projects, and RISC-V technical groups (Software Horizontal Committee and its various sub-committees, task groups, and special interest groups) to audit the state of software ecosystem deliverables. This role will also develop and execute a strategy to enable the communities and ISVs to deliver the components necessary for RISC-V members to successfully develop, build, and sell products from Embedded to HPC.
- Establish ongoing relationships with third party ISVs like Oracle, Cisco, AWS, VMware
- Establish ongoing relationships with Open Source projects including those with RISC-V maintainers, as well as projects without a RISC-V presence
- Evangelize RISC-V to external software vendors
- Develop gap analysis and prioritization reports
- Develop a global strategy for software throughout the RISC-V ecosystem
- Help develop funding and resource models to fill gaps not addressed organically.
- Work with the RISC-V Software Committee to develop and document a strategy for software enablement
- Automate the reporting of software component status, gaps, and next steps
- Work with committees to establish governance enabling progress in the software ecosystem
- Create demos of software ecosystem components and lead technical discussions with software communities
- Bachelor's degree in CS, ECE, or related field
- 10+ years of related engineering experience in Open Source including compilers, databases, graphics, kernels, and software libraries.
- Working knowledge of ISAs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with and building relationships with ISVs, Linux distributions, and Open Source communities
- Working knowledge of the Linux software stack from boot to userspace
- Public speaking experience at large corporate events
- 10+ years of open source software development experience
- Technical Product Management and/or Field Application Engineering experience
- Advanced degree in CS / ECE / EE
- Proficient with GitHub, Google/MSFT Suites, and Atlassian tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at RISC-V