The Ideal candidate is physically able to lift 50 lbs., walk the property on a frequent basis, and assist with minor and routine service request.
· Keeping the premises of the office, building, and grounds in clean and orderly condition
· light landscaping
· Assist in the preparation of market ready units, including remove trash from vacant apartments (trash outs) prior to make-ready.
· transport trash and waste to disposal area
· Demonstrate strong professionalism and integrity while representing the company
· Remove trash from office areas and apartment community perimeter on a daily basis.
· Assist Maintenance Supervisor/Property Manager and/or perform assigned maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
· Assist maintenance team with snow removal (If applicable)
· Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on available apartments, models, clubhouse, and/or common areas to the Maintenance Supervisor.
· Check and replace exterior lighting on a regular basis
· Maintain awareness of proper safety precautions at all times
· Constantly observes condition of apartment property throughout the property and immediately report and/or initiate action to correct unsafe conditions
· Needs to be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs and sewer clean outs
· Ensure that storage areas remain locked when not in use
· Safely operate pressure washer to maintain curb appeal Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter; rake, sweep, shovel as circumstances warrant
· Maintain good relations with residents at all times
· Maintain professional levels of hygiene and appearance
· Previous grounds keeping experience preferred
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends preferred
· Basic painting skills required
· Customer service oriented
The Porter/Groundsman is responsible for meticulous upkeep of grounds, amenities, dumpster area, building exteriors, leasing office, parking lots and all other community buildings.
· Physically walk the property on a frequent basis and remove litter, debris and pet droppings from the grounds
· It is especially critical that the following areas remain neat and free of litter at all times: Pool area, Laundry room, Mail rooms/area (if applicable), dumpster areas, Recreation areas, Grounds adjacent to the road, in front of the office, Walkways to and from, and in-between buildings Parking lots and drives
· Perform 'trash-out' duties at vacated apartments on a daily basis Remove all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes Transfer to dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable Transfer trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster Pick-up and sweep area Keep dumpster doors closed on windy days
· Detail property on a regular basis
· Clean and rake shrub areas; shovel mud when necessary Use blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clean of loose grass and brush Repair and replace windows, screens, sliding glass doors, etc.
· Perform routine maintenance on property as requested by Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor
· Assist with various physical tasks as directed; e.g., tearing down fences, digging post holes, carrying abandoned sofas, etc.
· Assist with 'make-ready' duties when requested by the Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor
· Help clean and maintain storage areas
· Perform interior and exterior painting duties when requested; carry buckets of paint from storage area to work site
High School diploma or equivalent. One to three years; experience as a ground’s keeper. Skill in the care and use of tools and equipment required of the trade. Ability to operate motor vehicles related to grounds maintenance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS/HAZARDS
Light/heavy lifting, carrying materials, operating light/heavy equipment, moving of equipment. Ability to work in all types of weather. Occasional hazards with materials in the grounds trade, including chemicals. Must be able to frequently walk the apartment community.
Why Work Here?
Stability- Same owner/management company