Senior Software Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Software Engineer is a full stack developer that will be responsible for developing and maintaining web-based tools leveraging a variety of technologies with little or no guidance.
The engineer will be a critical member of the Scrum team and efforts will be split between front-end UI programming and back-end development. Front-end work will involve such things as HTML coding, CSS authoring and graphical editing. Experience with the Angular framework is desired. .NET experience is a must. Back-end development will require development in C# or similar programming language and interaction with existing back-end systems, APIs and databases.
The Senior Software Engineer suggests possible solutions to proposed projects and works with the Lead Developer to identify the best solution. After which the Senior Software Engineer is expected to create a detailed architecture and software design; provide general time estimates of work, select appropriate sprint goals, and execute the development in a timely manner for larger projects and multiple integrated systems with little to no guidance. Sometimes they will be tackling the tougher areas of code or UI/UX which allows the other developers to continue on track.
The Senior Software Engineer is required to help the service or the infrastructure team troubleshoot, fix, or workaround issues in deployed solutions as needed. As part of this, the Senior Software Engineer is expected to identify patterns in these issues and recommend solutions to commonly repeated issues in code or process.
The Senior Software Engineer is expected to achieve a deep level of understanding of the entirety of the deployed software maintained by the development team and assists the lead developer in identifying potential issues or opportunities in the overall deployed software systems.
- Work through the SDLC by proposing solutions, gathering requirements and feedback, helping to develop the architecture plan, white-boarding and/or designing user interfaces and experiences.
- Designing and architecting solutions which are attainable and maintainable, always focused on reducing tech debt.
- Determining project scope and estimating time required to design, develop, and test.
- Identifying risk areas (security, schedule, and technical) and determining methods to mitigate risk.
- Breaking down project requirements into functional features which could be developed and maintained.
- Adhering to Scrum practices
- Collectively choose sprint goals and product goals for the team
- Achieving sprint goals and other project deadlines within a reasonable range of time or functionality.
- Troubleshooting issues, recommend bug fixes, and implementing bug fixes.
- Testing code changes during development and beta phases.
- Perform web site software upgrades, configuration changes, and maintenance both in beta and the live environment.
- Maintaining availability and high performance of existing applications and integrated infrastructure/systems
- .NET Back-end development in C# or similar programming language
- Develop with existing back-end systems, APIs and databases.
- Implement visual designs in HTML/CSS by following designs created by front-end designer in Photoshop/Illustrator, white-boarded mockups, or other design aides.
- Create the first or final drafts by proposing visual designs on a whiteboard, design tool, or directly in HTML/CSS.
- Work closely with Product Owner, Scrum Master, and other Developers.
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and non-technical users.
- Be responsible for developing an in depth understanding of the Right Networks’ procedures and processes.
- Writing self-documenting code.
- Demoing new development code to the team, explaining visual design and architecture choices.
- Perform Quality Assurance duties for other developer’s projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Writing technical documentation and some Knowledge Base articles as needed
- Typically requires 7+ of development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of .NET development experience
- Must be highly motivated, detailed oriented and confident, with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Back-end focused development:
- Extensive experience with .NET (C#).
- Experience with Entity Framework.
- Experience with SQL Server and writing well-designed SQL queries.
- Front-end focused development:
- Extensive experience with HTML, CSS.
- Adept at creating well thought-out UI/UX designs.
- Angular experience desired
- Deep understanding of proven software design patterns and when to apply them.
- Understanding of complications and patterns for architecting and integrating multiple software systems.
- Must be able to separate business logic and data from both the user experience and the infrastructure tier.
- Good understanding of encapsulating information and functionality.
- Adept at debugging and troubleshooting.
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with SQL Server administration.
- A general knowledge of infrastructure systems.
- Must be willing and have a desire to learn new web or Windows based technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Role can be done remotely from home office
- Travel for the role will be very limited to an occasional team get-together or training to further professional development
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Right Networks considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Right Networks provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or processes.
Powered by JazzHR
RIGHT NETWORKS, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at RIGHT NETWORKS, LLC