Position reports to the Director of Engineering and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leader for Company Engine technical issues in support of the program and customer.
- Responsible for engine and engine sub system design, analysis, problem solving/corrective action reports, engine integration, and performance in the application.
- Lead interface for technical discussion between Company CPS and Customers, Suppliers, Contractors, and Company Departments to optimize designs and manage development to meet cost, quality, and schedule commitments.
- Technical lead of cross-functional matrixed engineering team (ME, EE, Software, etc.) to oversee work quality and ensure engineering contract deliverables are met.
- Completes monthly estimate to complete assessments for projects, and delivers data to program finance and program management.
- Supports program management for all technical aspects of a program that may include SOW, schedule, cost and risk.
- Monitors and reports activity status, schedule, actual vs. budgeted hours, and engineering forecasts for technical areas of program.
- Approves engineering technical reports for submission to the customer.
- Accountable for engine system level requirements and derivation of design requirements from vehicle level.
- Estimates engineering costs and is technical lead for new engine proposals, lead for engine related technical special assignments, and lead for engine design and process improvement related projects.
- Indirectly (dotted line report) manages engineering resources assigned to the engine programs, assigns out direct engineering assignments, and evaluates employee performance.
- Ensure Design Verification Test plans adequately captures all data to assess requirements compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical BS degree with a minimum of 9 years experience.
- In depth product knowledge engine design, engine performance perameters, and vehicle performance.
- Engineering knowledge of mechanics; hydraulics; engine parts such as gears, crankcases, connecting rods, camshafts, and housings; knowledge of performance parameters such as speed, RPM, torque, power and gear ratios; understanding of sub-systems like fuel, coolant, oil, valvetrain; understanding of component stress and strain; and basic knowledge of engine component manufacturing.
- Understanding of powerpack integration into vehicles, and how engines operation impacts the vehicle performance.
- Project management experience and ability to use MS Project to create schedules.
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including the ability to coach and lead 8D investigations.
- Highly organized and able to multitask on many different projects at once.
- Must be able to move freely, with or without reasonable accommodation, throughout a manufacturing environment.
- GD&T knowledge, ability to to read machining and assembly prints, and understanding of bill of materials and processes.
- Proven ability to make technical decisions, complete project objectives within budget and schedule, and work with little supervision.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a cross-functional environment while working on multiple projects.
- Ability to track metrics and report status of engineering activities.
- Ability to utilize all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project.