Brewing Quality Manager
RICHARD & ASSOCIATES HR Columbia, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
r. Quality Manager to develop and implement local quality program to support KPIs. Responsible for the quality and safety of our products including HACCP, GMP, GLPs along with the safety of team members and customers. You will also be responsible for the financial management of the annual laboratory budget, laboratory operational performance, reliability of analyses, laboratory instrument maintenance and calibration, plant safety compliance and reporting and shared responsibility for operation and maintenance of the Quality Central Laboratory in a state-of-the-art industrial brewery.
- Creating the department’s vision and strategic direction which aligns to the plant and corporate vision and strategy for all Quality functions of the brewery and Lab.
- Benchmark internally and externally to support analysis, target setting, and publishing of key performance indicators (KPI).
- Ensuring quality, food safety, GMP, GLP, and HACCP requirements are implemented and verified for effectiveness all areas of the brewery.
- Validating in-line and bench-top quality measurement instrumentation accuracy and to ensure results are reproduceable. (Instrument qualifications). In conjunction with department stakeholders, establishes instrument calibration frequency for the
- Ensuring QA support is available when and where required to support customer service goals.
- Participating in development and quality support of autonomous working teams capable of running the brewing and batching and packaging operations running on a 24/7 schedule.
- Proactively managing and reporting on safety and product quality compliance for plant and employees and regulatory compliance in Chemistry, Microbiology, Sensory
- Proactively handling non-conforming product holds and develops quality criteria for product rework.
- Building a cross functional team to support daily requirements of the operation and provide training/oversight for team-based problem solving.
- Mentoring plant personnel on quality and safety while also providing direct and indirect reports with performance feedback and career coaching
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years progressive quality experience in the brewing industry.
- ISO, GMP, JSA and PCQI and/or HACCP food safety, as it relates to the manufacturing process, Certifications required.
- TTB certified chemist preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in high speed, multi-sku beverage manufacturing and packaging facility.
- Expert knowledge of brewing and blending. IBD Brewing or equivalent certification / experience preferred.
- Extensive applied knowledge/experience operating and maintaining laboratory instrumentation such as: GC, GCMS, HPLC, Alcolyzer, Auto-titrator, ICP, PCR, etc.
- Working knowledge of TTB requirements for alcoholic beverages including tax policy, state and federal regulations, SOP and COLA approvals.
- Thorough understanding of cleaning and sanitation technology.
- Previous experience in creating and managing an operating budgets of at least $1M.
- Ability to lead and implement quality requirements including product specifications and sensory evaluation.
RICHARD & ASSOCIATES HRWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, Great Benefits, and Lots of Room For Growth!
At Richard and Associates HR, we take genuine pleasure in helping others find the job that works best for them. With more than 15 years of talent acquisition experience serving clients worldwide, we know how to treat you right.