Major and well established company with a good working culture has an opportunity for an Applications System Engineer that will function as an automation consultant to company customers and will be responsible for determining requirements, product selection, customer operational recommendations and for supporting proposal generation for potential customers. Will define best practices, develop automated solutions, and enable customers to perform application-specific tasks. This position supports the company’s network sales team by assessing customer sites, applications, and assisting with customer presentations. It requires day-to-day interaction with both internal and external sales management, sales, engineering, product development as well as customers. May have project management responsibility for small projects or subsets of large projects. Duties may also include and are not limited to PLC and HMI programming, system commissioning, system support, both internal and external training and technical consultation. Will lead initiatives to improve on a continuous basis autonomous material transfer. Will also work with partners to develop complete hands-free solutions for material transfer. Travel is anticipated to be up to 50% including internationally as needed. Flexible as to where the person in the role resides as long as near a major airport as will be based remotely. Major company benefits and a relocation package is available as well as profit sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering field or computer science
- 1 to 5 years or more of engineering experience in the material handling systems industry
- PC application competency
- Knowledge of PLCs or other controls needed
- Prefer systems integration or networking exposure
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out technical activities
- Controls programming and setup experience is preferred
- Must be able to work effectively in groups
- Need customer interface experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present technical material to an audience that is technically diverse
- Must be able to do safe operation of fork lifts that have lift heights up to and in excess of 40 feet.
- Need to be open to travel up to 50% of the time of which some could be international
- Must be able to reside in NY where they are based for up to 1 year (depending on experience) for training prior to relocating to around a metro of your choice that has a decent size airport
RICHARD & ASSOCIATES HR
Why Work Here?At Richard and Associates HR, we take genuine pleasure in helping others find the job that works best for them. With more than 15 years of talent acquisition experience serving clients worldwide, we know how to treat you right.
Awesome CEO, Great Benefits, and Lots of Room For Growth!